[electronic cheese] Dada Davros - Motivational Electrocutions
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 23-10-2017, 02:37 AM   #1
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 12860
[electronic cheese] Dada Davros - Motivational Electrocutions

Not sure what to make of this track. I'm not a fan of electro funk and this steers dangerously close to it. I think it works I'm just not sure I want it too. Probably the least left field track I've done in years

Advertisements

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [electronic cheese] Dada Davros - Motivational Electrocutions.
Old 23-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 200210
Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,979 Posts
Re: [electronic cheese] Dada Davros - Motivational Electrocutions

Idk, it's not that bad at all. I guess the whole electro funk thing you mention is more of a personal preference kind of thing, tbh, as I don't think it's shite or too cheesy...that's not to say I'm an expert on electro funk or anything..just saying it sounds OK to me.

That said, it does sound a bit repedative and nearing the break I was starting to feel like, "Is this going to go anywhere?" The second half, after the break, did inject some extra energy into the mix, but little else..it was very much a case of "more of the same" up to the end.

The obvious applies here..try to spice things up a little more and add some more elements to the mix..it needs more variation to carry the mix through to the end. I know it's not a lack of skills on your part, as I've heard your stuff before and I know you know how to put a good track together, so I'm guessing all of this has been born out of your dislike for electro funk..and the more you've heard this heading in that direction, the more you've (subconsciously or consciously) just lost interest in it and let it take it's own course, which is basically why it's still plodding along, going nowhere.

On the very bright side, there's a lot going on in this mix and it's really very lush when you actually listen to it..bit of a sneaky little bugger actually. You use and choice of sounds are solid enough, as is the structuring of those sounds in the mix..everything is balanced pretty well in fact. You just need to develop this out more by adding to it.

What you have here is a half-finished track..a bed that's waiting to be made..all you need is to add a bit of a melody or varying beat over the top of what you have and it will go a lone way to really turning this around.

I hope you rework this, as I'd love to hear what you do with it. Also hope you read all of this the right way and don't take any of it negatively..it's all only based on my opinions after all.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 01:11 AM   #3
Dark_Nasty
IDMf's latest spammer
Dark_Nasty is currently spamming hard
Seattle, WA
MC Status: 10

This needs some more variation, I'd cut and introduce more melodies to give it that change up it needs. The main pad synth you use throughout the track sound aimless and works at the start of the song but throughout the whole track it gets repetitive.
Dark_Nasty is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 02:56 AM   #4
dada_davros
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC

Thanks AM & Dark Nasty. I think you are both right, it needs to to go somewhere new in it's progression. Where I am not sure yet. You are spot on AM my general distaste for electro funk had me cringing at times but that bass line made my hips swing enough so I couldn't just chuck it. I'll have to see if I can make it a bit more to my taste whilst still keeping some of it's groove.

I know not to take your comments the wrong way AM, your positivism on this forum is a real asset and your feedback on my work has always been totally appreciated.

------------------
Old 25-10-2017, 01:34 AM   #5
dada_davros

Ok I put in some work on this last night and I think it's sounding much better. Some new synth lines in there to add some variation and some general spit and polishing overall. Would be keen to hear what you guys make of it now.

------------------
Old 25-10-2017, 02:35 AM   #6
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 200210
Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,979 Posts

Yeah..definitely much better..thought that funky bass guitar sound still needs to be broken up a little into different segments or something, as it still seems to go on and on and on and..you get the picture. Try adding something like 1/6 delay on it after the break..just to jazz things up a little in the second half and give it even more movement.

Also try shaving off a half of a second from the break, just before the second have cuts in..it will tighten it up and give the second half more punch when it hits..though you might have to fade down the end of the break before the second part comes in, if you do cut it..just so it all sits well together to the ear.

Hope this is helpful in some way and you find some it useful. Don't give up on this, as much as you might want to. You've put enough time into it already..and a little more will make all the difference, trust me.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote