[Experimental] Turtledoveair - ZENITH
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
PhiJayy
Microknight
PhiJayy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
[Experimental] Turtledoveair - ZENITH

👋
Here’s a track that I want to share.
It isn’t finished yet it sounds pretty good to me so far.
It sounds sort of progressive and electronicy

Here’s a YouTube link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

but here is the whole track so far: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
PhiJayy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Experimental] Turtledoveair - ZENITH.
Old 29-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Vault O)))
Retard Boy
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 70810
Thanked 1,416 Times in 916 Posts
Re: [Experimental] Turtledoveair - ZENITH

Sounds like a proper retro platformer soundtrack. It's sparse enough to sound like it could be seamlessly looped for the entire duration of a level, no matter how long it actually is (or how many times I have to replay it, because of those damn spike pits!). It seems like it wouldn't be too distracting (actually, quite perfect) for this type of setting.

However, if you were going for something experimental that could be enjoyed all on its own, I'd say (again) that it has too much of a chiptune or retro videogame soundtrack sound to it. I don't really see any of this as experimental, but more of a niche area for nerds like me. A casual listener wouldn't really know why it doesn't sound like a 'song' to them, for example, because it's just that far removed.

I don't know what the intended goal was, but I think you absolutely nailed 'puzzle/platformer OST' with this track and I'd love to hear more!
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:05 AM   #3
PhiJayy
Microknight
PhiJayy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: [Experimental] Turtledoveair - ZENITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Sounds like a proper retro platformer soundtrack. It's sparse enough to sound like it could be seamlessly looped for the entire duration of a level, no matter how long it actually is (or how many times I have to replay it, because of those damn spike pits!). It seems like it wouldn't be too distracting (actually, quite perfect) for this type of setting.

However, if you were going for something experimental that could be enjoyed all on its own, I'd say (again) that it has too much of a chiptune or retro videogame soundtrack sound to it. I don't really see any of this as experimental, but more of a niche area for nerds like me. A casual listener wouldn't really know why it doesn't sound like a 'song' to them, for example, because it's just that far removed.

I don't know what the intended goal was, but I think you absolutely nailed 'puzzle/platformer OST' with this track and I'd love to hear more!
hahaha I really like your take on this! I have to say I agree with you. : )

Here’s an updated version: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I also scaled this one up: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I really appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Advertisements

------------------
PhiJayy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote