[Techno] LWJ - Three Kit
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
localspace
Microknight
localspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1410
[Techno] LWJ - Three Kit

damn, I love Shaperbox..

Advertisements

localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno] LWJ - Three Kit.
Old 25-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217960
Thanked 4,359 Times in 3,236 Posts
Re: [Techno] LWJ - Three Kit

When I saw "Techno" in the title, I was expecing something a little more "banging", but this is rather mellow and still cool.

It's clear you've put a lot of time into setting things up in the mix, but still, it sounds a little of "the same" after the first minute or two. While it's really strong on the FX and staging, it's lacking a little in diversity. I know, it's a techno track and techno usually only needs a continuous beat to keep you moving, but given this is so mellow and the amount of work you've already put into it, it would really bring this up to a whole different level if you just added in something more to the music itself..

None of the above is meant to be critical in any way..just my own subjective gut feelings having listened to this track..more a case of what I would do or how I would move on from here if it were mine..so please feel free to disagree.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
localspace
Microknight
localspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud of

Hey AM,

Thanks for checking!
Actually I didn't put in a lot of time. It's more of extended jam session, all in all about 4 hours so far. That maybe explains why it's a bit flat and long? I haven't really played with any of the automation yet, most of the sounds are synths so there's plenty of potential for that still. But I was getting to the point where I just had to render it out and play it a few times to know what I'm doing

Yeah I don't know if techno is even a good name for this, but it was the closest decriptor I could think of.
I'm not up on my subgenres du jour
Old 25-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
Hey AM,

Thanks for checking!
Actually I didn't put in a lot of time. It's more of extended jam session, all in all about 4 hours so far. That maybe explains why it's a bit flat and long? I haven't really played with any of the automation yet, most of the sounds are synths so there's plenty of potential for that still. But I was getting to the point where I just had to render it out and play it a few times to know what I'm doing

Yeah I don't know if techno is even a good name for this, but it was the closest decriptor I could think of.
I'm not up on my subgenres du jour
Time is relative..4 hours is a loooong time to some.

Seriously, though..this is pretty cool for 4 hours mixing/jamming, though I personally still think it needs a little more added to the tune itself..but that's just me, I guess.

Looking forward to hearing the end result when you bounce this down for the last time..so remember to come back and post it here in your first post above, so folks can compare the two mixes.

Best of luck with it.

------------------
Old 26-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #5
localspace
Microknight

New version up now.. it's under the same link.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:47 PM   #6
A.M

Nice job..really got into that this time round. Not really clear on what you did, but it certainly sounds better to my ears. Going to rip this, if that's OK..if not, no worries..just let me know either way.

------------------
Old 26-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #7
localspace
Microknight

Awesome, thanks! Wouldn't you rather have a better quality? I'm not allowing downloads because I intend to release these on my label at some point (starting that up now), but I don't mind giving out files to people that like it. I'm not exactly swamped in listeners yet

There's a new synth in there, some more automation. But mostly I did some cleaning up with EQ and compression, nothing too fancy. And I took some bars out in the middle that were just repetitions.
Old 26-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
Awesome, thanks! Wouldn't you rather have a better quality? I'm not allowing downloads because I intend to release these on my label at some point (starting that up now), but I don't mind giving out files to people that like it. I'm not exactly swamped in listeners yet

There's a new synth in there, some more automation. But mostly I did some cleaning up with EQ and compression, nothing too fancy. And I took some bars out in the middle that were just repetitions.
Yeah..would love a copy..PM a dl link if you like and know it will be played.

------------------
Old 27-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
localspace
Microknight

Just when I thought I was out..

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
haven't forgotten about your file. I'm getting a proper master done soon. Let me know if you prefer the old or the new version.
Old 27-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #10
A.M

I think I like this second version a little more..it's more polished in general and seems to flow better I think. Nice work.

------------------
Old 09-07-2018, 04:00 AM   #11
Aurongroove
Soundscaper
Aurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond repute
West of Ireland
MC Status: 3060

New version;

hmm... shuffled compoud-timey-slow-techno.

I'd like more treble in the distortion of the kick, it's my favourite element by far, and I feel it's being mistreated as a background element.

Musically it's like... it's almost brilliant but it isn't. I'd like the breaks to be shorter, or weirder.

On second thoughts, I realize this it's too close to something I might make for me to be constructive. If you made 100 tracks like this I would find a lot of them mediocre, some of them good, and some of them the greatest things I've ever heard in my life.

The section @ 4:41 is superior to the rest of the track IMO. It's played with a type of "broken funk" that makes this kind of techno a pure joy to listen too.

sorry for the zero amount of useful criticism.

------------------
a big Unregistered fan

Aurongroove is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:49 AM   #12
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

mix is pretty spot on. It took me while at the beginning to get into it but after the melodic middle I enjoyed the end.

Advertisements

E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote