[Ambient/Piano] Lorenzo - ProjectRain150618
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
Lorenzo
Granular Poster
Lorenzo is a jewel in the roughLorenzo is a jewel in the roughLorenzo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[Ambient/Piano] Lorenzo - ProjectRain150618

Hi, this is an ambient track born as an improvisation on electric piano. I tried to tell a little story, that begins dreamy and hopeful and ends more sinister (I'm watching Black Mirror, it influenced me).
I would like to know if someone experiences problems with high frequencies, I found them more difficult than expected in this context. I'll appreciate every comment. Thanks.

Advertisements

------------------
If you don't know what to do, there's actually a chance of doing something new

Lorenzo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient/Piano] Lorenzo - ProjectRain150618.
Old 23-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
Cardinal
Granular Poster
Cardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: [Ambient/Piano] Lorenzo - ProjectRain150618

This is amazing, didn't hear any problem with high frequencies here.

One thing that broke my trance though was around 1:43 the distorted panning sounds comes in, builds up and then disappears abruptly when the beat comes in. Since the piano and the phasing synth was still playing and never really stopped, I was expecting the distorted sound to sort of slow down until reaching a full stop before the mood changes.
Cardinal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
Lorenzo
Granular Poster
Lorenzo is a jewel in the roughLorenzo is a jewel in the roughLorenzo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
This is amazing, didn't hear any problem with high frequencies here.

One thing that broke my trance though was around 1:43 the distorted panning sounds comes in, builds up and then disappears abruptly when the beat comes in. Since the piano and the phasing synth was still playing and never really stopped, I was expecting the distorted sound to sort of slow down until reaching a full stop before the mood changes.
Thanks, honestly I was dubious about that distorted sound, it was intended as a transition element anticipating the drums, but it doesn't work very well, you're right. It should be still playing at low volume before the final change, more felt than heard. Useful feedback, really appreciated

------------------

Old 23-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Nice, is the whole piano here improvised?
The deep droning sound, in the beginning, it's awesome.
I really like this clock-ticking sound filling the drums.
And the change of the tonation, kinda deconstructing the track in the ending - great.
Also, I don't feel there is any problem with high frequencies.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
Lorenzo
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
Nice, is the whole piano here improvised?
The deep droning sound, in the beginning, it's awesome.
I really like this clock-ticking sound filling the drums.
And the change of the tonation, kinda deconstructing the track in the ending - great.
Also, I don't feel there is any problem with high frequencies.
Yes, electric piano solos are all improvised. Happy you liked final deconstruction. Thanks for listening and commenting!

------------------

Old 24-06-2018, 05:03 AM   #6
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Thanks, honestly I was dubious about that distorted sound, it was intended as a transition element anticipating the drums, but it doesn't work very well, you're right. It should be still playing at low volume before the final change, more felt than heard. Useful feedback, really appreciated
I felt it did work until it abruptly stopped. If it would have quickly faded out with i high pass filtered delay or quick tape delay effect I think it could do its job but not seem out of place when it stops. Good work though on the piece.
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 05:23 AM   #7
Lorenzo
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Fence View Post
I felt it did work until it abruptly stopped. If it would have quickly faded out with i high pass filtered delay or quick tape delay effect I think it could do its job but not seem out of place when it stops. Good work though on the piece.
Thanks for listening. An abrubt stop in a track like that really stops involvement, I'll try to do better on transitions.

------------------

Old 25-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #8
Andrew_Winds
Sample Destroyer
Andrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 247250

Wow this is really nice. Very good atmosphere. I like the organic pluck. The progression at 1:55 is nicely done, not overdone or overpowering and sort of makes me think of a scene where someone is sitting in the backseat of a taxi in NYC at night, watching the lights as he goes by. Not too fond of the ending though, just my personal taste but I'm a bit of an optimist and that sounds like a really dystopic ending that I would brighten up, but that's just me.

------------------
My Soundcloud
Latest:
Andrew_Winds is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 09:42 AM   #9
Lorenzo
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Andee View Post
Wow this is really nice. Very good atmosphere. I like the organic pluck. The progression at 1:55 is nicely done, not overdone or overpowering and sort of makes me think of a scene where someone is sitting in the backseat of a taxi in NYC at night, watching the lights as he goes by. Not too fond of the ending though, just my personal taste but I'm a bit of an optimist and that sounds like a really dystopic ending that I would brighten up, but that's just me.
Thanks, I liked the association with a night drive on a taxi in New York, it fits well.
About the final... I'm optmistic, but generally in my tracks I express my dark side, I always found it more interesting than the other side. That ending is like a twist into a tv series, or something like that, unexpected situation changes everything previously thought.

------------------

Old 27-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #10
Cardinal
Granular Poster
Cardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
"more felt than heard" is a good way to describe it, but yeah keep experimenting. I like that you're trying to tell a story, looking forward to hearing more

Advertisements

Cardinal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote