[abstract] sm - delta point
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 135310
Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,569 Posts
[abstract] sm - delta point

EDM, but it's year 2118.

Advertisements

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
Artificer (25-05-2018)
Rate this track - [abstract] sm - delta point.
Old 25-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Artificer
Eternal Echoer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 46460
Re: [abstract] sm - delta point

Dem grains!

Fun sound design as always. I like this as much as anything on your releases. Good stuff.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
Dem grains!

Fun sound design as always. I like this as much as anything on your releases. Good stuff.
Do you think I could extend such thing into full release? I've might just found that right workflow and general idea which suits me so it's really possible. Is production even OK? Keep in mind everything is as raw as it can be.

------------------
Old 25-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
Artificer
Eternal Echoer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 46460

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
Do you think I could extend such thing into full release?
For me? Absolutely. But I might be your only sale This is exactly the sort of thing the piques my interest these days. It's new and interesting and doesn't sound like a bunch of other stuff. I don't know if it would attract a larger audience or not.

Quote:
I've might just found that right workflow and general idea which suits me so it's really possible.
Sure, I mean as long as it all doesn't sound like the exact same process. I only say that because I've fallen into that rut where doing a thing sounds really awesome, but it's all the same kind of awesome and so it gets old quickly. Like when we all found out that paulstretch made really great ambient, but it always made the same kind of ambient. As long as it all sounds fresh and individual, I think this is a great starting point.

Quote:
Is production even OK? Keep in mind everything is as raw as it can be.
What works for me about all your stuff is it has texture. This feels like another, different, new texture. This track feels very raw, like you stuck some sounds in and this is what came out. And I think that's awesome. But I also think there's a lot of directions you can go with that texture, and it would work alongside other elements like drones or pads or percussion or even piano, playing off the granular effect and random sounds. I suppose what I'm envisioning here is the start of something, not the final product, if that makes sense. I'd like to see where you take it past this beginning exercise.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 10:06 PM   #5
ms_
IDMf Artist

Honestly, don't care about the larger audience, it's all just a fun thing to do for me. There's always some people with this goal to find something new so they could claim a bounty on it.

Correct points on process, but I'm ok using same/similar ways of sound creation because this leads to some sort of formation between tracks that ties these ideas together which means it's time for a EP or something like that to end this chapter of exploration. Once it's all done I abandon everything and start from scratch. That's why I can't tell how I made this or that in my previous tracks because I just nuke all my knowledge for the better good.

This entire idea is futuristic granular hell. To sound very artificial and absolutely disgustingly digital with over-processed sounds with a maximum compression as a part of sound design. Why not, it's something new to me.

Glad you dig it.

------------------
Old 26-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
Vault O)))
Retard Boy
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 70810
Thanked 1,416 Times in 916 Posts

I don't know what has / hasn't been said, but this is like a brain massage to me and reminds me a shitload of Qebrus and the similar sound-design-pron you've been posting here and there.

This sounds like a gigantic level-up from _SM's other stuff, so I think it's cool that you're keeping the label (don't do what I do and change your name every 2 seconds, only Scott Stapp gets away with that).

I can't add much, but the text to speech thing worked out incredibly. This sounds like the future apocalypse made audible

------------------

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 12:06 AM   #7
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster
Jibbertha möben has a spectacular aura aboutJibbertha möben has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Delta point is on point, it's exactly the kind of stuff that I search to hear and rarely find, make more stuff like this please, much more
Jibbertha möben is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #8
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

Hahah I think I blew my monitors! Loved the strange sounds. Very cool! I would love to understand your workflow on getting to this gem? Is it kinda of a 'shoot from the hip' approach?

Great work!

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #9
ms_
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Hahah I think I blew my monitors! Loved the strange sounds. Very cool! I would love to understand your workflow on getting to this gem? Is it kinda of a 'shoot from the hip' approach?

Great work!
I’ll keep it brief because I still haven’t decide what I’m doing here. In short, there are 3 key things behind this entire concept: randomization, destructive processing and resampling. Once I go through this process I start building something more linear from the best bits by editing, warping and automating these long streams of audio I record. This workflow in an absolute mess, I can tell you. It’s often 2-5 different sets I start just like that which ends up being merged into one.

However, this one was made in one sit.

Last edited by ms_; 31-05-2018 at 07:49 PM..

Advertisements

------------------