What's the policy on posting links to "underground" House/Dubstep tracks here?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Closed Thread
Old 19-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
MontageMusic
Learning The Ropes
MontageMusic is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
What's the policy on posting links to "underground" House/Dubstep tracks here?

I'd love to embed some YouTube/SoundCloud tracks from my friends but I don't want it to be considered "spam". Is the community pretty chill with sharing links? Should it be avoided?

Are all posts of this type meant to stay in the "Listening Booth"?

Advertisements

MontageMusic is offline   Thanks
Old 19-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: What's the policy on posting links to "underground" House/Dubstep tracks here?

In all honesty it's just gonna look like promotion / spam, and the Listening Booth is definitely not the place to make such posts. The LB is for people making music to get feedback on their tracks, not a place to post other peoples music.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 19-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
MontageMusic
Learning The Ropes
Re: What's the policy on posting links to "underground" House/Dubstep tracks here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
In all honesty it's just gonna look like promotion / spam, and the Listening Booth is definitely not the place to make such posts. The LB is for people making music to get feedback on their tracks, not a place to post other peoples music.
Thanks for the reply! Is there anywhere that posts like this would be acceptable?
Old 19-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\

You mentioned in your intro thread you have a youtube channel that promotes artists, and looking at your other posts I'm already thinking that's what you're here to do . Look - this forum is for people who make and enjoy electronic music, and as such spam & promotional stuff usually gets removed pretty quickly. I'd much rather those friends of yours join the site & get involved and eventually post their own music in the LB, rather than you randomly posting their stuff on the site.

Last edited by scyn; 19-03-2013 at 04:34 PM..
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 19-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
MontageMusic
Learning The Ropes

Fair enough! None of them have the forum "personality", they'd rather be immersed in their production all day. I promote out of pleasure, not necessity, so I'm really just trying to help them out.
Old 24-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
FreimaLabs
Minor Glitch
FreimaLabs will become famous soon enough
Porto
MC Status: 60

Maybe on the "Member releases" forum?
FreimaLabs is offline   Thanks
Old 26-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
scyn
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreimaLabs View Post
Maybe on the "Member releases" forum?
Member releases is for...well, for members. Not for posting other peoples music.

Advertisements

scyn is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread