The "How do I do that?" Thread - Page 89
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 15-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #1761
Vault O)))
Retard Boy
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 70010
Thanked 1,400 Times in 908 Posts
Re: The "How do I do that?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roybot81 View Post
btw

does anyone know anything how to use .adg files in ableton, I only load into the track and not as a clip.

peace
Those are typically racks / groups, not audio files. Check your FX chain when you load them up, that's where they'll be.

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #1762
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20860

Could somebody please tell me the chords for racetrack carcass? A lot of you seem to be able to identify chords better than I can.

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #1763
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
on uranus looking for klingons!
MC Status: 329128850
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roybot81 View Post
Thanks rix

I tried switching to the usb bus power but as soon as I do the keyboard powers down. I going to have a tech look at it.

I spoke to Ableton too about the other issue and its sorted, many others questions for them though. Ableton seems like a tricky daw but a powerful one.

Many thanks
did you flip the little switch on the side?
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #1764
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798820

I actually have two sounds I'm really interested in:
Thrupence - In Silence [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The first synth I'm trying to figure out is the broken saw wave that starts at 0:16. It sounds like it's layered with quite wide pad (pad starts a bar before), but I have no idea how to achieve the characteristics of the sound.

The 0:16 synth is the main sound I'm interested, but plus points to whoever who knows how to make the wide bass in 1:35 without ending up with multiple phase issues...

Thanks in advance!

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #1765
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
Thrupence - In Silence [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The first synth I'm trying to figure out is the broken saw wave that starts at 0:16. It sounds like it's layered with quite wide pad (pad starts a bar before), but I have no idea how to achieve the characteristics of the sound.

The 0:16 synth is the main sound I'm interested, but plus points to whoever who knows how to make the wide bass in 1:35 without ending up with multiple phase issues...

Thanks in advance!
I spent some time trying to recreate the whole intro, mainly the retro synth. I think I got some decent results, though I'm still not sure how the original was made

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Johnson Academy
Br/ainfu+ked (20-02-2018)
Old 20-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #1766
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 37960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post

Thanks in advance!
Sounds to me mostly like some detuned saws or a supersaw with a pretty wet chorus/phaser. That would cover the volume/pitch wobble and the relatively narrow, but moving frequency band. Maybe an envelope follower to control the mix of the chorus/phaser, but I doubt it.

As far as the bass is concerned, it doesn't sound too wide to me, but maybe I'm paying more attention to just the low frequencies. My go-to way to do that would be to use multiband stereo control and widen the top frequencies (or start with a really wide bass sound and narrow the bottom).

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #1767
Sorrezoo
Regular Freak
Sorrezoo will become famous soon enoughSorrezoo will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Does Evelon still come here
Sorrezoo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #1768
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrezoo View Post
I see last activity for him yesterday, but no posts in a month. Just not feeling super active right now, I guess.

------------------
Old 23-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #1769
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18054269
Thanked 1,085 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrezoo View Post

hes probably sick of being the only one who knows how to do stuff

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
deadmau7 (23-02-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 04:53 AM   #1770
White Noise
IDMf Artist
California

Hey guys, got a quick q just looking to confirm this sound is as simple as I think.

It's a keyboard sound that comes in at about 2:30, sounds to me like a sinewave with some saturation. But I thought someone might recognize that sound as I feel like I've heard it elsewhere before, so I thought it might be a particular kind of electric piano or a famous preset on some 90s synth or something too. I got pretty close with some triangle waves and plain gates on Diva, just needs some mixing to bring it forward a bit I suppose.

Thanks to White Noise
Iyashi Sound (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #1771
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
MC Status: 21660

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Hey guys, got a quick q just looking to confirm this sound is as simple as I think.

It's a keyboard sound that comes in at about 2:30, sounds to me like a sinewave with some saturation. But I thought someone might recognize that sound as I feel like I've heard it elsewhere before, so I thought it might be a particular kind of electric piano or a famous preset on some 90s synth or something too. I got pretty close with some triangle waves and plain gates on Diva, just needs some mixing to bring it forward a bit I suppose.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm pretty sure it's a guitar. You can hear a small "fret slide" during the solo. Could be a Les Paul on the "front pick-up only" setting.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:58 AM   #1772
White Noise
IDMf Artist
California

I didn't catch that, but that explains the "weight" I'm hearing during the attack that I thought was some sort of mechanical noise. It could be the string bending, because I hear a little pitch bend in there too.

------------------
Old 27-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #1773
Aquaplano
IDMf's #1 N00b
Aquaplano is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hi guys...I write for ask if you can help me for recreate the classic pads if Polar Inertia/ Luigi Tozzi/Evigt Morker/Abdulla Rashim/Voice from the lake.
I try use my virus b / Nord lead 2x other plug in but my pads sound very melodic. I would like to reproduce the pad for example of Vertical Ice of Polar Inertia try listening it on YouTube please

Thx very much
Aquaplano is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #1774
White Noise
IDMf Artist
California

My guess is that it would be a normal supersaw run through a reverb and you're only hearing the wet part of the reverb. Possibly a shimmer? It transposes the sound in octaves while doing the reverb, which could give it that emphasis in the highs while still washing out the top end if you just low-pass the output of the reverb. I suspect you should be able to do it all with one synth and one good shimmer plugin. If possible, use the filtering inside the reverb to cut the top end.

Advertisements

------------------