[Glitch Hop] Slugware - Ghosts 'n Goblins
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 571251
[Glitch Hop] Slugware - Ghosts 'n Goblins

Have fun, yo!

Advertisements

------------------
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Glitch Hop] Slugware - Ghosts 'n Goblins.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
Javaris Jamar
Soundwave Mangler
Javaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Re: [Glitch Hop] Slugware - Ghosts 'n Goblins

This is some seriously funky, I can dig it Love the effects, lots of cool stuff going on. Only would consider a tad more dimension expander on the lead, maybe just in certain areas. Sounding sweet!
Javaris Jamar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
DJ Alex
Granular Poster
DJ Alex will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Super cool sounding, maybe try bringing in that dirty, stretchy bass-top a little later to show off those cool ass sounding basslines

Pretty funky, I like it
DJ Alex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC

Glad you like it, guys! Feedback and criticism appreciated!

------------------
Old 06-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Audio Geometry
Minor Glitch
Audio Geometry is a jewel in the roughAudio Geometry is a jewel in the roughAudio Geometry is a jewel in the roughAudio Geometry is a jewel in the rough
Ithaca, NY
MC Status: 310

Instantly catchy track -- good work! I think some dynamic contrast in the opening would really put these sounds over the top. Everything is kind of staying at one volume level, and some amplitude shaping would really bring a dynamic element to everything.

Maybe add a little more glitch, too (excepting 3:30-4:00). Sometimes it gets a little repetitive, and a surprise here or there would really add to the playful vibe.
Audio Geometry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
murreburre
IDMf's latest spammer
murreburre is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Sounds really fresh! The highs, mids and lows sounded all good, sound design was also great. Good job!
murreburre is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
Psykeltur
Analog Lurker
Psykeltur will become famous soon enoughPsykeltur will become famous soon enough
Brisbane, Australia
MC Status: 110

I generally dislike tracks with no intro so that's a minus for sure! Otherwise really nice mix there! Maybe more percussion to get the groove going a bit more? The basses are awesome but I am missing a build up, somehow it seems as if it is not going anywhere really? Mix is very clean, basses are awesome!

Keep it up!
Psykeltur is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #8
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

kick drum not loud enough, 2/10 would not bang

But in seriousness, the creativity and variation in the synthesis as well as the other sounds, especially with the stereo presence and use of panning, is very entertaining to listen to.

I like the filter or whatever on the percussion that gives it a feel very in line with the kickback, oldschool fun of the rest of the song.

My only gripe would be that some of the samples and clips seem jarringly loud compared to the section of the song that they're in. And yeah, I'll be honest, if you pumped the drums a little bit more it would be a lot easier for me to get into it, but thats just a personal preference.

Thanks for the track!

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Although this is very quiet and thin, it sounds like you used a lot of good synth samples for this. Out of personal taste, I like this a lot, but some of your samples are protruding in an insane way. The width gets fucked up on some of them, almost as if you didn't give the master bus the same treatment.

Despite the quirks, I really do like this a lot. The critique serves no purpose but an attempt to help you out. I'll be stalking your SC later, because this is right up my alley
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
slugware
Master of the LFO

Quote:
I generally dislike tracks with no intro so that's a minus for sure! Otherwise really nice mix there! Maybe more percussion to get the groove going a bit more? The basses are awesome but I am missing a build up, somehow it seems as if it is not going anywhere really? Mix is very clean, basses are awesome!

Keep it up!
There is a > 1 minute intro. and a build up too. Or at least in my opinion Thanks for feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
kick drum not loud enough, 2/10 would not bang

But in seriousness, the creativity and variation in the synthesis as well as the other sounds, especially with the stereo presence and use of panning, is very entertaining to listen to.

I like the filter or whatever on the percussion that gives it a feel very in line with the kickback, oldschool fun of the rest of the song.

My only gripe would be that some of the samples and clips seem jarringly loud compared to the section of the song that they're in. And yeah, I'll be honest, if you pumped the drums a little bit more it would be a lot easier for me to get into it, but thats just a personal preference.

Thanks for the track!

Thanks for feedback. I had versions of the tune with overall louder k/s , but i didn't liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O)))
Although this is very quiet and thin, it sounds like you used a lot of good synth samples for this. Out of personal taste, I like this a lot, but some of your samples are protruding in an insane way. The width gets fucked up on some of them, almost as if you didn't give the master bus the same treatment.

Despite the quirks, I really do like this a lot. The critique serves no purpose but an attempt to help you out. I'll be stalking your SC later, because this is right up my alley

Thanks for your feedback too! Appreciated. I am not aiming at loudness. I have not used synth samples here. I aim for louder mix in my breakbeat music. This is completely different.

It's all about Personal preference in one's music

Best regards!

Last edited by slugware; 07-06-2014 at 04:07 PM..

------------------
Old 07-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 81041100
Thanked 4,167 Times in 2,702 Posts

I really like the ideas but the whole thing feels a bit thin.
The sound design is really great but the sounds don't pierce through.
that "what" sample at 3:36 fills the mix pretty well. One isolated hit at 4:42 does that too. some of the other sounds could get the same treatment.
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
Marrow Machines
IDMf's latest spammer
Marrow Machines is currently spamming hard
Lafayette, Louisiana
MC Status: 10

Drums can use some work. Very interesting musically. I also couldn't hear many glitch stylings. The song gets better at a higher volume.
Marrow Machines is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24410

This is really funky. How did you make these stabs man? That synth is nice.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #14
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65510
Thanked 1,310 Times in 987 Posts

sounds pretty funky around 2 minutes

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #15
slugware
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
This is really funky. How did you make these stabs man? That synth is nice.

guess you mean the brass stabs, it's a sample from here :

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------