Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #21
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
Mctoast's Avatar
Posts: 1,038
MC Status: 38947
Thanks: 13
Thanked 312 Times in 236 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Super original producer.

Last edited by Mctoast; 13-01-2015 at 09:22 AM..

Advertisements


------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #22
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
Posts: 6,753
MC Status: 153560
Thanks: 3,344
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
optimus prime is having seizures while fucking toyota yaris, ohhh noooooo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LyvYU9UiA4
That's how you get DATADISK
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
deadmau7 (14-01-2015)
Old 13-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #23
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
Lug's Avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 7,386
MC Status: 80997030
Thanks: 5,237
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

which one is it again that does the live brostep band with KJ sawka on the drums

it's not an actual question, just a way of reminding you of this atrocity

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #24
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
Mctoast's Avatar
Posts: 1,038
MC Status: 38947
Thanks: 13
Thanked 312 Times in 236 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

I think it was the dudes with the robot costumes

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mctoast
Alert (18-01-2015)
Old 13-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #25
Stereo Surgeon
Savage Mad Cunt
Stereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MC
Stereo Surgeon's Avatar
Bumblefuck, GA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,425
MC Status: 12606224
Thanks: 81
Thanked 246 Times in 178 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic dark View Post
Tell me the difference between excision and datsiks music, define it, go on, I'm interested on all thoughts on these two producers. Pro tip: there is no wrong awnser
Big diffrence between the two.
Excision made Datsik's career quite frankly.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Excision has been active since 2004 and founded Rottun records long before the EDM craze. I actually went to the first Rottun Records tour in 2009, it way ahead of the curve, and it proceeded skrillex; who took quite a lot from Excision's music in terms of sound design and style.

Excision signed Datsik early on to Rottun (2009), and datsik was generally taken under the wing. You guys can barely tell the difference between the two because of this.

Most remember swagga back, which took over almost every Electronic dance floor and party playlist in 2009 and early 2010 in the states.

I've seen both many times, and much prefer Excision, datsik can create some novel sounds, but lacks the musical ability that Excision displays in terms of theory.

In lay-mans terms Excision is much more musically aware, and has much better sound design to boot.

Latter down the road Datsik founded his own label firepower, to modest success.

I don't expect any of you to care, but from seeing both multiple times over the years they both have their strengths. Excision has tremendous live performances and brings an absurd sound system on tour. Frankly I have never heard any other sound system compare to his in clarity and power, and he thrives in the very high production large crowd environment. Datsik on the other hand is much better of an act in a dark club with a few hundred capacity.

TL;DR Excision is a far superior musician in terms of production, Datsik can create high energy sounds, but never comes close to the musical and technical complexity of Excision's work. You guys can call me a fool and hate on both of them, but thats the truth.

------------------
Stereo Surgeon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #26
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
lebeux's Avatar
Madrid
Posts: 3,613
MC Status: 59128526
Thanks: 607
Thanked 837 Times in 560 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Surgeon View Post
In lay-mans terms

aw come on, don't be a tease and share that musicological monograph
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
Alert (18-01-2015)
Old 14-01-2015, 12:02 AM   #27
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
Br/ainfu+ked's Avatar
hotdog not hotdog
Age: 29
Posts: 5,237
MC Status: 45967648
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 1,236 Times in 949 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik



------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #28
Jurassic dark
Microknight
Jurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond repute
Jurassic dark's Avatar
New Zealand
Age: 34
Posts: 109
MC Status: 2160
Thanks: 45
Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Surgeon View Post
Big diffrence between the two.
Excision made Datsik's career quite frankly.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Excision has been active since 2004 and founded Rottun records long before the EDM craze. I actually went to the first Rottun Records tour in 2009, it way ahead of the curve, and it proceeded skrillex; who took quite a lot from Excision's music in terms of sound design and style.

Excision signed Datsik early on to Rottun (2009), and datsik was generally taken under the wing. You guys can barely tell the difference between the two because of this.

Most remember swagga back, which took over almost every Electronic dance floor and party playlist in 2009 and early 2010 in the states.

I've seen both many times, and much prefer Excision, datsik can create some novel sounds, but lacks the musical ability that Excision displays in terms of theory.

In lay-mans terms Excision is much more musically aware, and has much better sound design to boot.

Latter down the road Datsik founded his own label firepower, to modest success.

I don't expect any of you to care, but from seeing both multiple times over the years they both have their strengths. Excision has tremendous live performances and brings an absurd sound system on tour. Frankly I have never heard any other sound system compare to his in clarity and power, and he thrives in the very high production large crowd environment. Datsik on the other hand is much better of an act in a dark club with a few hundred capacity.

TL;DR Excision is a far superior musician in terms of production, Datsik can create high energy sounds, but never comes close to the musical and technical complexity of Excision's work. You guys can call me a fool and hate on both of them, but thats the truth.
A great introspective awnser, and interesting to boot. I have seen excision perform and I must say it was a great night, I was drunk as fuck mind you. Have always wondered the difference and you have shed some light
Jurassic dark is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #29
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
Posts: 6,753
MC Status: 153560
Thanks: 3,344
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Excision Datsik Music. I get EDM now
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
Mindsweeper (18-01-2015)
Old 15-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #30
Javaris Jamar
Soundwave Mangler
Javaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to beholdJavaris Jamar is a splendid one to behold
Posts: 177
MC Status: 710
Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

It's all broish but I've liked some of their hiphop flavored stuff, Downlink too. Swagga was amazing I wish bro stopped there.
Javaris Jamar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 03:24 AM   #31
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Alert's Avatar
Oblivion Fringe
Posts: 387
MC Status: 4271
Thanks: 874
Thanked 81 Times in 60 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Surgeon View Post
Excision signed Datsik early on to Rottun (2009), and datsik was generally taken under the wing.
Excision, Datsik and Downlink are all from the same town in BC, Canada.

That would probably best explain their similarity in sound.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
:snob:

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #32
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Mizuchi's Avatar
Beertown
Posts: 1,294
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 181
Thanked 348 Times in 255 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Surgeon View Post
skrillex; who took quite a lot from Excision's music in terms of sound design and style.
I have to disagree with you. He sounded and still sounds nothing like Excision both is sound design and style. Skrillex's sound design was much more "clean" (or just less shitty quality) and the styles are completely different. Skrillex always tried to be pop about his music with tracks like WEEKEND, etc. whereas Excision just went full toolshed dubstep.

In terms of sound design I'd compare it more to Feed Me and in terms of style I'd compare to Zedd, even with the old stuff where he'd partially use funk samples and reggae vocals.

Tbh, Excision for me was like the shittiest of all the dubstep producers. Like some of Datsik and Downlink was cool, but it was really all about Skream, Mt Eden and Rusko. Maybe the occasional Dirtyphonics (like I remember them crossing over from DnB on occasion).

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #33
XY Knøt
Learning The Ropes
XY Knøt will become famous soon enough
Dallas, TX
Posts: 8
MC Status: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Yes Excision and Dawson work very close together which makes sense why their sounds sound so similar.

Skrillex on the other hand is a whole different story. Excision and Datsik I would consider pure dusted music, but with Skrillex he dips his toe in every genre like glitch hop, dubstep, Brostep, funk, house of all sorts to achieve his sounds.

One interview I read he said that he was trying to achieve a Noisia type style but instead discovered his own style.

Isn't music great?
XY Knøt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to XY Knøt
Jurassic dark (21-01-2015)
Old 21-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #34
Jurassic dark
Microknight
Jurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond reputeJurassic dark has a reputation beyond repute
Jurassic dark's Avatar
New Zealand
Age: 34
Posts: 109
MC Status: 2160
Thanks: 45
Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by XY Knøt View Post
Yes Excision and Dawson work very close together which makes sense why their sounds sound so similar.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Jurassic dark is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jurassic dark
Alert (24-01-2015)
Old 24-01-2015, 02:23 AM   #35
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Alert's Avatar
Oblivion Fringe
Posts: 387
MC Status: 4271
Thanks: 874
Thanked 81 Times in 60 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by XY Knøt View Post
Yes Excision and Dawson work very close together
Dawson's Creekstep

:problemofficer:

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Alert
Jurassic dark (25-01-2015)
Old 24-01-2015, 02:42 AM   #36
Stereo Surgeon
Savage Mad Cunt
Stereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MC
Stereo Surgeon's Avatar
Bumblefuck, GA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,425
MC Status: 12606224
Thanks: 81
Thanked 246 Times in 178 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post
I have to disagree with you. He sounded and still sounds nothing like Excision both is sound design and style. Skrillex's sound design was much more "clean" (or just less shitty quality) and the styles are completely different. Skrillex always tried to be pop about his music with tracks like WEEKEND, etc. whereas Excision just went full toolshed dubstep.

In terms of sound design I'd compare it more to Feed Me and in terms of style I'd compare to Zedd, even with the old stuff where he'd partially use funk samples and reggae vocals.

Tbh, Excision for me was like the shittiest of all the dubstep producers. Like some of Datsik and Downlink was cool, but it was really all about Skream, Mt Eden and Rusko. Maybe the occasional Dirtyphonics (like I remember them crossing over from DnB on occasion).
I'm not slamming sonny, I thinks hes better than both in a lot of ways.

Just saying that nice sprites was strongly influenced by the dubstep/brostep that proceeded it.
Just look at the timeline of it all.

Rusko was/is the titties and the balls, seen him more than any other act. That man knows how to work a crowd.
And his 15$ packed shows really set the foundation for dubstep in the states, all the others owe him a lot.
People fucking turned into apes for 3 hours; its was great.

That said rusko's production skills were pretty primitive out of the gate, everyday was really one of the first technically well produced records he did IMO.

------------------
Stereo Surgeon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 02:54 AM   #37
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Mizuchi's Avatar
Beertown
Posts: 1,294
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 181
Thanked 348 Times in 255 Posts
Re: Excision is datsik is Excision is datsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Surgeon View Post
I'm not slamming sonny, I thinks hes better than both in a lot of ways.

Just saying that nice sprites was strongly influenced by the dubstep/brostep that proceeded it.
Just look at the timeline of it all.

Rusko was/is the titties and the balls, seen him more than any other act. That man knows how to work a crowd.
And his 15$ packed shows really set the foundation for dubstep in the states, all the others owe him a lot.
People fucking turned into apes for 3 hours; its was great.

That said rusko's production skills were pretty primitive out of the gate, everyday was really one of the first technically well produced records he did IMO.
Oh, if we're talking about Rusko, I have nothing to say. There are only two dubstep dudes I have 100% true respect for: Rusko and Skream. Even tho Skream has slightly lost that respect because of the... kind of shitty?... disco tracks he's gotten himself into.

Advertisements


------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
datsik remix Chaotix Listening Booth 1 07-04-2012 01:49 PM
Diplo & Datsik feat Kay - Pick Your Poison (instrumental?) Kozmotron House / Dubstep 0 16-10-2011 06:58 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.