Animated GIFs stops on vbulletin forums with the Chrome browser
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 21-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163741
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts
Animated GIFs stops on vbulletin forums with the Chrome browser

This issue has been reported to Google and they have now solved it after some weeks, so if you experience this oddity, go install the Chrome beta or wait till it goes to Release status where it will update itself.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Thomas
scyn (21-11-2012)
Old 21-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: Animated GIFs stops on vbulletin forums with the Chrome browser

Thanks. Now they just need to sort out a wysiwyg interface for things like vbulleting forums. I installed a plugin to do that, but it takes 1 or 2 seconds to initialize which is bs cause I've started typing by that point. Chrome is fast, but there's a few little things which piss me off more than the slowness of firefox ever did.

Last edited by scyn; 21-11-2012 at 12:03 PM..
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163741
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Thanks. Now they just need to sort out a wysiwyg interface for things like vbulleting forums. I installed a plugin to do that, but it takes 1 or 2 seconds to initialize which is bs cause I've started typing by that point. Chrome is fast, but there's a few little things which piss me off more than the slowness of firefox ever did.
I'm a bit of a Chrome fan as you might know by now, and of course surely because I design Chrome plugins now and then. It seems that most of the problems that surround Chrome oddities, have to do with AJAX, so you actually have to blame M$ in the end - for launching it in the first place. You can also blame the WebKit 2.0 package, which in turn helps you to blame Apple with a bit of a stretch. It's just a huge circle of fuckup where most of the big ones are at fault alongside the open source community. Huweeee.

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

Interesting. I just recently switched to Chrome a couple weeks ago after I got fed up with Firefox's continual adobe flash incompatibilities as well as unstable plugin container. I am noticing the gif stops but it doesn't bother me terribly most of the time, so long as they are aware of the problem and plan on fixing it in a later release, I can live with them.

Yeah, developers want everything to be cross-compatible and yet the companies are warring for supremacy at the same time. Let's just blame everyone

P.S. thanks for pointing me towards this thread Thomas, I might get the beta if any serious issues pop up for me. The gif thing is a minor inconvenience, and sometimes yields some sexy glitchy results!

Advertisements

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote