Korg MS20 mini - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 19-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #21
andcunning
Analog Lurker
andcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of light
Venice, CA
MC Status: 460
Re: Korg Ms 20 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmissacidx View Post
i was thinking of starting off with something like this.
I have an original MS-20 and MS-10 that I got far too long ago for a really nice price. While I love them both, and I would never sell them, I don't think either would be my if-I-could-only-have-one-piece-of-kit-on-an-island choice. The basses can be great (although they're always going to be thinner than anything produced with a 24 db filter), the leads can be nice (the square wave is very pleasant- Zomby used it a lot in Dedication I think), and you can get a lot of great sound effects, but some me, they just don't have the same oomph that some of my other synths have.

I'd go to the store if I were you and try out a Moog LP or SubPhatty, minibrute, DSI mopho, and MS-20. Personally I'd rather have the DSI or Moog. For some reason they just sound better in mixes to me. That's not to say that that the MS-20 isn't a great little synth. I'd just start with something else.

Advertisements

andcunning is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #22
palindromeAU
Granular Poster
palindromeAU will become famous soon enoughpalindromeAU will become famous soon enough
Perth
MC Status: 110
Re: Korg MS20 mini

I have the Korg vst MS-20 midi controller. Good because it saves any patches or pre-sets you have. But i never use it... too time consuming
palindromeAU is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #23
Synoiz
Regular Freak
Synoiz has a spectacular aura aboutSynoiz has a spectacular aura aboutSynoiz has a spectacular aura about
Sunderland
MC Status: 210

I've got one of the new MS-20 Minis, they're good however even though it's like an introduction into analog a lot of it is a big leap from working with standard keyboards or softsynths. I'm still getting my head around the patch cables but I can see so much potential for feeding other hardware into it and playing with the sounds. Although andcunning is right, the bass sounds on it are nice however they're not as big as you might want them, I see it as a good all-round introduction to hardware synths but if you're looking for a specific sound or purpose then maybe go for something more geared toward a particular sound.
Synoiz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #24
jjmcclear248
Minor Glitch
jjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud of
Michigan
MC Status: 1310

I picked up a new MS-20 kit, when they came out a few years ago... great synth! I must admit, though... I haven't done much patching with it. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem very intuitive. So, I tend to avoid that whole part. lol

Jesse

Advertisements

jjmcclear248 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote