MPK Mini help please
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back ğ The Studio ğ The Studio
Old 31-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222284884
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,775 Posts
MPK Mini help please

hi, so i know a lot of people have these things. can one of you please tell me why the fuck the knobs flit between 0 and 127 when you touch them. how the fuck do i change the range so i can actually use the knobs?

THERE IS NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN MIDI FUCKING CONTROLLERS

thanks

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841
Re: MPK Mini help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
hi, so i know a lot of people have these things. can one of you please tell me why the fuck the knobs flit between 0 and 127 when you touch them. how the fuck do i change the range so i can actually use the knobs?

THERE IS NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN MIDI FUCKING CONTROLLERS

thanks
How about getting a monome and switching to the OSC protocol?

I don't understand your problem quite well. What kind of range do you need? Is 0-127 too wide (with all the values in between)? If you're using Ableton, you can set the range of any given parameter so that it reacts to half the value being sent by the knobs.

Also try to modify the range of the knobs using the editor (don't know if this is possible).
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

i had this problem when i was at yours if you remember

i assign a knob to something in reason and when i go to turn it the value goes from the biggest to smallest very quickly....nothing in between

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

i tried to do it with the editor too but it doesnt seem to make a difference. stupid fucking things man they make you editors but in no way explain how they are supposed to work with the shit you're using

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German

Are you turning the knobs at great speed? Does this behavior happen when using any scene? Remember you've got 4 of them and probably you have different settings for each one of them.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischjok View Post
Are you turning the knobs at great speed? Does this behavior happen when using any scene? Remember you've got 4 of them and probably you have different settings for each one of them.
no man it doesnt do anything but 127/0

and yeah i've been through all the scenes/programs/pad banks whatever the fuck

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
mischjok
Guy with a computer
Not German

I suppose this problem doesn't happen when using other midi controllers?
Old 31-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

not at all

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390248
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,766 Posts

Are all knobs set to toggle, or just one or two? If you can, turn off toggle mode.
No, I don't own one of these.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
lolirl (31-08-2012)
Old 31-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

there isnt an option for that by the looks. the editor thing just doesnt seem to save stuff despite the masive button that says save

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
Benwaa

have you tried hitting "upload" once you've set the preset in the editor?
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
mischjok
Guy with a computer
Not German

You have to upload the presets to the mpk mini (no DAW should be running in the background). Upload each scene. If you edit one scene then switch to the other ones and then save, you will only have uploaded ONE scene to the mpk mini. Stupid, I know.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
have you tried hitting "upload" once you've set the preset in the editor?
yep bugger all happens. does the editor need to be open?

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
scyn
IDMf Artist
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883006
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Maybe this helps?

Last edited by scyn; 31-08-2012 at 11:55 AM..
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

yeah that's exactly what im doing. cheers for all the suggestions anyway guys, im just gonna play with it for hours until i feel like i could stab a hole in my head then wish i had never bothered until next time i want to use 1 single knob to modulate some cutoff

I SERIOUSLY HATE MIDI CONTROLLERS

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
scyn
IDMf Artist
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883006
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
I SERIOUSLY HATE MIDI CONTROLLERS
Grumpy old man. Half the fun is fiddling about getting things to work .
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #17
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Grumpy old man. Half the fun is fiddling about getting things to work .
thanks

and no, really, midi controller only ever seem to take hours of my time that i could be making music with the setup shit that really isnt that helpful (in a lot of cases i see people with presets that make shit take longer) and a LOT of times i've tried doing this after hours of hard work i have to do it again next time because it wont save

shit never runs smoothly even slightly for me. maschine is the exception but for obvious reasons.

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #18
mischjok
Guy with a computer
Not German

You own a MAschine, don't you? Why don't you just stick to it and use the MPK mini to kill insects?
Old 31-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

because if i try using the knobs on the maschine with reason/ableton ill just run into the same shitting unexplainable problem

------------------
Old 31-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #20
mischjok
Guy with a computer
Not German

Try using other USB hubs?

Advertisements