[Drum & Bass) Haydyn - Daydreamer - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #21
Timworth94
Master of the LFO
Timworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond repute
Lancashire
MC Status: 2840
Re: [Drum & Bass) Haydyn - Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
I've been making since reason 2, my olders song on soundcloud is 8 years old, and probably it took me 2 years to make that song, so 10 years.

But I took 6,7 year break or so.
You worked 2 years on your first attempt? Wow
Nice, I think I finished mine within an hour because I'd given up haha .
Yeah I always find having those breaks makes you stronger when you get back into it.

Advertisements

------------------
Timworth94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #22
Timworth94
Master of the LFO
Timworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond repute
Lancashire
MC Status: 2840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Glad to have been of some help, it's definitely sounding more polished & the structures more solid, I can hear it dropping again after you end it though, what you have is good enough to be at that point. Try resample the bassline you have, several times until you have enough material to use parts for fils and a heavier second section. Don't go much heavier as the mood of the track is lovely (unless of course you can hear it working, then go for it). Literally copy paste the same section and breakdown, but chop it up and change bits with the resampled bass. or layer it, gate between original and resample... wherever your creativity takes you really... (might help to resample the bass in a separate instance if you're tight on RAM like me).

Another thing is to take that advice earlier about chopping up beats, theres loads of them out there, not just the amen break... little tom fils, snare shots, rim shots... funky grooves basically, rip anything and everything reprocess and repeat until you have your own library of fils. This is to increase the richness and overall texture of the track, give it some flavour, its a bit of a eureka moment when you start pitching up these classic songs and get some banging jungle beat out of it (go on to process as you see fit at this point). Would highly recommend doing this even if for a future track.

This is potentially label worthy if it had more length... its got a nice flow, reminds me of stuff I'd hear on Hospital records. Clean and uplifting, keep it up I'll be in touch via PM here or Soundcloud regarding a collaboration. Going to finish off my sub for the PÜR MOODS Compilation and then start the ball rolling. A month tops... touch wood...
Great ideas again, working on the second half at the moment. Gonna resample some more of the bass try and get some really cool sounds from it for the second drop.

Hmmm I can't believe I've never thought of that. Saving my project twice, on the second delete most channels but the bass and resample from there.

I'm also working on some more chopped break elements.

Thanks man I'll keep an eye out for that pm and look forward to it.

------------------
Timworth94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #23
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8760

The melody and harmony are pretty good.
You could probably duplicate the main part once to approximately double the track duration to be better. For the second half, you could overdub some extra stuff, and then the tune might be done.

Sounds pretty good.

Advertisements

Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote