YouTube Music Promotion Channels
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
quantumcode
Minor Glitch
quantumcode has a spectacular aura aboutquantumcode has a spectacular aura about
Calgary
MC Status: 160
YouTube Music Promotion Channels

What do you guys' views on these? Not the huge networks, like monstercat, but the smaller ones. The ones that try to clone it. I feel like they're oversaturated since there's tons of them on youtube.

I mainly ask because lately I've been thinking of starting one. A lot of these channels promote crap quality to get a higher quantity of videos to their channels.

If I do start one, I'll be sure to filter out all the stuff that gets submitted as well as contact smaller artists.

Tbh right now I'm leaning towards the 'no dont do it' side but I would love to get your guys' opinion on this.

Advertisements

------------------
quantumcode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
Scimpanze
Regular Freak
Scimpanze is currently spamming hard
North West
MC Status: 10
Re: YouTube Music Promotion Channels

I think it's great for people who use youtube to listen to music. a lot of smaller artists will get recognition, and a lot of people who are only "casually" into music will be using youtube to listen to their music. assuming you're a producer, do you really want to start a channel focusing on others music rather than developing your own though? or are you not a producer? do you want to look into starting a label?

what's your ambition?
Scimpanze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
quantumcode
Minor Glitch
quantumcode has a spectacular aura aboutquantumcode has a spectacular aura about
Calgary
MC Status: 160

I'm a producer too but I'm not outputting as much songs as I'd like to.

I assume that a promotional channel would gain more subscribers faster than my main channel, so I plan to funnel those subscribers/followers onto my stuff too.

In my head, I see this channel somewhat promoting me as well as promoting others too.

That's my thoughts on it. I'll still look around for how to get a kickstart on things

------------------
quantumcode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Scimpanze
Regular Freak
Scimpanze is currently spamming hard
North West
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumcode View Post
I'm a producer too but I'm not outputting as much songs as I'd like to.
why don't you just spend the time you were going to spend on creating the channel working on your own tunes?
Scimpanze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
bass&moddedFreq
Ghostly
bass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant future
Long Island, New York
MC Status: 1910

I know my friend has been telling me I should submit my next few tracks to a YouTube channel b.c there is a large amount of people that listen to music on YouTube and he thinks it is very likely that I could gain a few fans by doing so... I haven't decided either way yet though

------------------
bass&moddedFreq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

My friends in Burudu started Sun Theory on YouTube, and keep it up regularly. Is quite steadily successful and they seem to have regular mixes done by DJs that they offer for free on Soundcloud.

Advertisements

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote