Britney Spears' Music - Surprisingly Good - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 24-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #21
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Re: Britney Spears' Music--Surprisingly Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyus View Post
it would have been great if the 90s mainstream music played your type of music right

It doesn't matter, then we'd have a whole different breed of people acting like idiots for publicity. There's no way to win

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2014, 02:59 AM   #22
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310

true.. just the nature of it i guess

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to neyus
fid (26-09-2014)
Old 25-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #23
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banewaker View Post
Ugh Sure man sure.... I think this opinion would waver once you saw her live. She's practically a taxidermied, brainless cock puppet with zero dancing or music skills. Industry milked her dry, drove her to meth, ressurected her, and now continues to milk her. Not exaggerating, she flops around like a beached fish.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Quote:
brainless cock puppet
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SKYCORE
Kvlt O))) (25-09-2014)
Old 25-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #24
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I'd never go see her live, I don't really listen to her music, but if you stripped out the lyrics and replaced them with something else or just made them listenable instrumental music I'd be in all the way!
If there was a way to suppress her voice I'd be in Britney all the way too

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Chozo Tull
relic (26-09-2014)
Old 26-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #25
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89280723
Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,199 Posts

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #26
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I admit that I don't agree with the character attacks(?)/disputes/stereotypes/media hype. But that's just me. I think both the singing and the music is pretty strong on some of the tracks. I hadn't heard of the production team members but I did look at the CD jacket just to start getting familiar, like I used to do back in the 90s.

What ever happened to Shep Pettibone, Joey Beltram, Jo Bogaert, Keith KC Cohen, Graham Massey, Bill Laswell, Martin Atkins, Chris Vrenna, etc?

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #27
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318139
Thanked 1,000 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
Thanks for the replies. I admit that I don't agree with the character attacks(?)/disputes/stereotypes/media hype. But that's just me. I think both the singing and the music is pretty strong on some of the tracks. I hadn't heard of the production team members but I did look at the CD jacket just to start getting familiar, like I used to do back in the 90s.

What ever happened to Shep Pettibone, Joey Beltram, Jo Bogaert, Keith KC Cohen, Graham Massey, Bill Laswell, Martin Atkins, Chris Vrenna, etc?
Pretty sure Martin Atkins is hidden away in a treehouse somewhere in the Congo, and when he reemerges, A new Pigface release will follow with the above mentioned names. (Including Britney Spears) I would be in favor for a 12" remix of "perfume" by these fellows. Just saying..

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #28
fid
IDMf Artist
fid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,986 Posts

Lmao it's not media hype dude, I have paid attention to her music my whole life and seen her live pre- and post-breakdown (have you?) and its fucking pathetic. The music itself is fine but... She's done, way done. It's overwhelmingly obvious. The media machine is the one telling you she's still going...

And what the fuck at the "ethnomusicology" tag? I almost shit my pants laughing

------------------
fid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to fid
Kvlt O))) (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #29
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy

so good, she was a woman after this

Old 04-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #30
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128426

90's R&B style mainstream production is the shiznit

even if it's R.Kelly ripping off Timbaland

Toxic is good but this one is Britney's ultimate banger IMO... fucking Pharell

lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
SKYCORE (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #31
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeux View Post
90's R&B style mainstream production is the shiznit

even if it's R.Kelly ripping off Timbaland

Britney Spears - Outrageous (official music video) - YouTube

Toxic is good but this one is Britney's ultimate banger IMO... fucking Pharell

Britney Spears - I'm A Slave 4 U - YouTube
i feel ashamed i forgot about I'm a Slave 4 u
Old 05-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #32
Son of Akira
IDMf Artist
Son of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MC
over yonder, behind them old railroad tracks
MC Status: 47684970

I don't know what's going on in this thread but reading about how "Toxic" was mixed is pretty interesting. There was a SoundOnSound article about it, analyzing how the low end was so liberally removed from everything and a very good mix was still achieved; meaning below 100hz, which seems ridiculous when you consider bass and kick drums.

------------------
Son of Akira is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #33
matthewcb91
Minor Glitch
matthewcb91 is currently spamming hard
Newcastle
MC Status: 10

i could not disagree more, couldnt imagine buying her album or even sticking it in the cd player
matthewcb91 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #34
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043891
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetty Bhite View Post
Pretty sure Martin Atkins is hidden away in a treehouse somewhere in the Congo, and when he reemerges, A new Pigface release will follow with the above mentioned names. (Including Britney Spears) I would be in favor for a 12" remix of "perfume" by these fellows. Just saying..
Nah, he's just gone into education, teaching about the music biz.
Still in the Chicago area.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #35
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786029
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts

I was really into Britney Spears when I was like 6.

I heard some of the old songs I used to love somewhat recently, I had new appreciation for the production and composition, but now I hate her voice. She does that vocal creak thing I can't stand.

I wonder if there are instrumental versions floating around...
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #36
frajen
Analog Lurker
frajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud offrajen has much to be proud of
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsweeper View Post
I wonder if there are instrumental versions floating around...
MSG me, I have some Britney Spears instrumentals (and acapellas). I made a little ditty out of Toxic "parts" earlier this year.

I have a soft spot for "Toxic" because it was the first "dance pop" song that I looked at from a pure "production value" point of view, and not just eye-roll at the trite lyrics/sexualized music video.

Also points for Madonna's "Little Star" too.

Honestly though, most of that appreciation has way more to do with her songwriters/producers. She was just the face for it - the melodies weren't that "stand-out" to me. As a contrast... Beyonce

Personally I thought the "alt rock"/grunge boom in the 90s (just before the emergence of "boy band" stuff) had the most interesting combination of chord progressions/song structure/execution. Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and Prodigy... played on mainstream radio all in a row - I loved it.

When Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears came on, it was a drastic change, and I did not like it. The "edge" in the music was gone. I get it now, but at the time I really hated that kind of sound.

Last edited by frajen; 07-10-2014 at 08:08 PM..

------------------
Website
Soundcloud

Piano improvisations:
frajen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #37
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts
Re: Britney Spears' Music - Surprisingly Good

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote