Automatic Double Tracking in Live (an article)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 23-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #1
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764252
Automatic Double Tracking in Live (an article)

Yo friends,

We just launched a new site over at KMI, and it has a new section that will have news, articles, and other jems. I got to write the first article. If anyone's interested they can head right over [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to check it out.

If you're not interested, then whatever.

Last edited by Dataf1ow; 03-02-2015 at 03:36 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010
Re: Automatic Double Tracking in Live (an article)

Whoa, I didn't know you could change the behaviour of delays in Ableton. I remember experimenting with automating the tempo to create little glitches in the delay feedback.
It's great to see the power of effect racks is so easily accessible. This was quite inspiring, I should experiment with racks a lot more. Thanks for sharing

What is your job exactly at KMI? (If you don't mind me asking) I mean, how is this related to them?

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC

Glad you found the article interesting! The next installment will be looking at racks for live performance, and ways to use the chain selector.

My duties at KMI include technical support, software/hardware integration, and software testing.
The marketing/public relations people got this new site up and wanted a section that had more general music technology talk curated by staff members as a way of engaging our user base. So the writings aren't related to KMI other than that they are written by employees.

------------------
Old 26-01-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC

Okay, that's cool. I'm using racks and chain selectors to put multiple instruments in the same track, to keep the mixer constant across the set. I'm looking forward to what you've have to say about that.

Pretty smart move from KMI, especially if they have guys like you on board.
Must be cool working on this stuff! What kind of skills are most useful / requested in this industry? I'm studying electronic engineering right now and it would be cool to be able to combine my interest for music and programming electronics.

------------------
Old 26-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

I really enjoy working at KMI, good people, cool products.
I came from more of a creative/software background, and had 0 experience in the Music tech industry (aside from running live sound, and doing sound design for media).
I think that electrical Engineering is a highly sought after skill in the industry. We brought in 2 or 3 new engineers in my time there, and for a company of about 20 that's a lot. Our hardware department is a ll Electrical Engineers with Musical backgrounds, so that sounds right up your alley.

------------------
Thanks to Dataf1ow
Nyul (27-01-2015)
Old 26-01-2015, 06:01 PM   #6
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541827
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,323 Posts

or use the repitch mode for instant Boards of Canada warblyness.

i have a rack that I called "Audio Instagram" that i use a ton for ADT and fake Tape warble.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

Yeah the repitch option is a hidden gem for sure, talk about using it for subtle pitch modulation in the article.

------------------
Old 03-02-2015, 06:45 AM   #8
LouTheOpossum
Analog Lurker
LouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataf1ow View Post
Yo friends,

We just launched a new site over at KMI, and it has a new section that will have news, articles, and other jems. I got to write the first article. If anyone's interested they can head right over [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to check it out.

If you're not interested, then whatever.
It says Page not found.
LouTheOpossum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #9
Nyul

They changed the name to blog: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 03-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #10
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyul View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I neglected to update the link when we changed what we were calling that section.
Thanks for the heads up Nyul

------------------
Old 03-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #11
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouTheOpossum View Post
Is the post on double tracking just gone?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------