It's my technique of slicing The Amen Break
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 22-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
EternalSunset
Master of the LFO
EternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3941
It's my technique of slicing The Amen Break

Hi
It's my technic of slicing amen break. I use Fl Slicer. what you think? I sorry for ma bad English

Advertisements

------------------
My main profile: https://soundcloud.com/glitch (IDM, Breakcore, Jungle, Ambient)
My profile with nintendo chiptunes: https://soundcloud.com/8-bitchintendo
EternalSunset is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744053791
Thanked 7,729 Times in 4,764 Posts
Re: It's my technic of slicing amen break

It takes me back to about 2000.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1545327
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,368 Posts

fairly standard approach?

i was doing the same with recycle and my Ensoniq EPS16+ in the late 90's

(yep, im that old)

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

Slicex is better than Fruity Slicer

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
EternalSunset
Master of the LFO
EternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3941

yes
but slicer have timestretch that i'm sometimes use

------------------
My main profile: https://soundcloud.com/glitch (IDM, Breakcore, Jungle, Ambient)
My profile with nintendo chiptunes: https://soundcloud.com/8-bitchintendo
EternalSunset is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
UpSides
Granular Poster
UpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810

Quote:
but slicer have timestretch that i'm sometimes use
Slicex does too.

From help: "Tools > Time > Drum(loop) stretch can be done globally, or per-slice for more accuracy."

Also, slicex can have a different mixer channel per slice if you wish.
UpSides is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSides View Post
Also, slicex can have a different mixer channel per slice if you wish.
Can it?

Also slicex can give you massages.

Last edited by Yzarc; 24-07-2014 at 01:05 PM..

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
UpSides
Granular Poster
UpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to behold

Well, there's one caveat regarding the multi mixer output. The slicex vst version does it with no problem. I've never been able to get the fruity version to do it. The "out" box in the articulation settings that shows per slice is the mixer channel track output channel, offset by the channel the slicex plugin is on. If slicex is on mixer channel 6, and you set the "out" box of a slice to "1" (the default is ---) then that slice is on mixer channel 7 and so on. The help doesn't say the fruity version is any different, but when I change a slice's "out" setting in the fruity version it still plays on the slicex master channel. So, I'm sorry, I should have said slicex "vst". Maybe you have the vst version?

EDIT:

Quote:
Also slicex can give you massages.
Details, man! Details! You can't make a statement like that and leave me hanging!
UpSides is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #9
Lepstok
Knob Twiddler
Lepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2410

Isn't it better to just use the raw audio?
Lepstok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #10
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948631
Thanked 5,809 Times in 3,650 Posts
Re: It's my technique of slicing The Amen Break

Program it and use your own drum sounds.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
jVs (14-08-2014)
Old 25-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #11
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSunset View Post
Hi
It's my technic of slicing amen break. I use Fl Slicer. what you think? I sorry for ma bad English

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Was ages since I used fruity now but after you do what you did here I cloned channel several times, send to different FX channels. send snare to one, kick to one, hihats to one, then processed them individually to get the sound I wanted from each hit.
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum

I still chop 'm up in year 1827 2 pixel somplas w/ 4byte mem. OG

------------------
AnthonyDavid94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #13
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9010

I draw a waveform, put it through a shredder and punch my laptop with a side of ham, sounds awesome.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #14
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105323189
Thanked 1,101 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Program it and use your own drum sounds.
I've been using this approach with the piano roll and using the fx provided by that program. Good shit, really.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote