Moving on from KRK ... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 24-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #21
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14960
Re: Moving on from KRK ...

I own the KRK R6s, the passive version. I think I might have some problems with one channel on my amp but I think I've begun to outgrow these. I commonly filter the low end out on the master while checking a mix to keep the bass from being so overwhelming.

21 year old me flipped my shit as I listen to my favorite bass music high as shit in front of my monitors. About to be 26 year old me, PARTY ON SUNDAY YA'LL LEMME KNOW IF YOU WANNA GET DOWN IN KENTUCKY, kind of wants more balance.

They're a great set of monitors and I've mixed down bass music to bluegrass on em' and have gotten results I can live with. Totally not impossible but there are better things out there. I plan on keeping them, just replaced my tweeters, just to have a solid set for reference but over the past year I've been way more open to upgrading.

Advertisements

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8590080
Thanked 7,983 Times in 5,607 Posts

I think the thing is with KRK Rokits is that they used to be pretty much the best entry level monitor you could get for the money. There are just better options out there now: Equator D series Presonus Eris etc...

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
Lepstok
Knob Twiddler
Lepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2410

Got some Yamaha HS7's for half a year now. Might lack a little bit of low end but for the rest very clear set of monitors that translate pretty well into other mediums in my experience.

Advertisements

Lepstok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote