please help me achieve this sound!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 28-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
NOOTHABEATS
Regular Freak
NOOTHABEATS will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
please help me achieve this sound!

What's going on everyone I need some help making this sound.. it sounds like a cool distorted type of square wave but when ever I try to make something with the square wave it comes out so corny so please if you can let me know how to make this.. I am using sylenth 1 so please try to be detailed on how exactly to make this. Screen shots would be nice if not walk me through it.boner
I can't post links yet but the song is "Skrillex & Diplo - Where Are Now (feat. Justin Bieber) (Marshmello Remix)" and the sound comes in about 32 seconds!

It's the marshmello remix so make sure you type that in...

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

NOOTHABEATS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #2
Stegosaurus Rex
Learning The Ropes
Stegosaurus Rex is currently spamming hard
Connecticut
MC Status: 10
Re: please help me achieve this sound!?

I'll try to recreate later if I can but it sounds like a regular square wave with a sine wave with a quick dropping pitch to give it a punchy sound, like a bass drum. It could also be a distorted or lo-fied Bass drum tuned up a few octaves.

If im just hearing that punchy sound in my head for some reason, it's just a distorted square wave with a layer of sub under it.

Good luck, I'll see how well i can recreate it and edit this post.
Stegosaurus Rex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #3
NOOTHABEATS
Regular Freak
NOOTHABEATS will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

That would be so great if you can help!!
NOOTHABEATS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
Stegosaurus Rex
Learning The Ropes
Stegosaurus Rex is currently spamming hard
Connecticut
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOTHABEATS View Post
That would be so great if you can help!!
I will but I recommend you also try to recreate it as well. You'll get much better at sound design if you try and recreate others sounds as well as make your own.
Stegosaurus Rex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
aLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond repute
Galway
MC Status: 2810
Re: please help me achieve this sound!

that's just a square and a saw synced together, with pwm adjustment on the square wave

Advertisements

aLiner is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote