[Chillwave] Neon Cities - In Waves
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-01-2018, 01:04 AM   #1
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542077
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts
[Chillwave] Neon Cities - In Waves

First Neon Cities tune in which I sing. This was meant to be a chillwave sort of tune with an 80's throwback sort of vibe, hence the Farilight CMI sample at the end a la Tears for Fears "Shout"

Fairlight CMI - on an iPad, what an era we live in!

Enjoy!

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chillwave] Neon Cities - In Waves.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:58 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: [Chillwave] Neon Cities - In Waves

This reminds me a bit of the Cure somehow. Which can only be a good thing right? : ) The song has me thinking about the body of work NC has compiled and I think you two have a pretty compelling set of songs. It feels like a solid 'something for everybody' release. Features a lot of influences and skill sets from both members. I think I want more of the rhythm guitar in the mix. At least after the vocal part in the middle. It really helps my body/mind make sense of the beat.

The fairlight sample is the little vocal doo-hicky that comes in after the lyrics? I'm digging that. Fits right into the vibe of this track for sure. Nicely mixed into the texture of things as well.

Ya'll have got something here.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:05 AM   #3
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32910

Which bit is the Fairlight sample? The high pitch lead at the end?
Great tune, now please return Dave Gahan to his loved ones, they are worried.
That Fairlight app is pretty cool too btw, an de it can actually sample!

So when’s the album due?
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 179310
Thanked 3,586 Times in 2,128 Posts

Magnificent.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
This reminds me a bit of the Cure somehow. Which can only be a good thing right? : ) The song has me thinking about the body of work NC has compiled and I think you two have a pretty compelling set of songs. It feels like a solid 'something for everybody' release. Features a lot of influences and skill sets from both members. I think I want more of the rhythm guitar in the mix. At least after the vocal part in the middle. It really helps my body/mind make sense of the beat.

The fairlight sample is the little vocal doo-hicky that comes in after the lyrics? I'm digging that. Fits right into the vibe of this track for sure. Nicely mixed into the texture of things as well.

Ya'll have got something here.

Thanks for listening sir! We've completed 11 tunes thus far and rather than jumping to self release a record we're working on an Electronic Press Kit and are shooting to send demo's out by the end of Feb.

The fairlight sample is in deed the feminine sounding vocal doo-hicky, its used on Tears for Fears, Genesis, Art of Noise et al, as it was part of the factory sounds that came w the CMI, I've been picking and choosing sounds out of there for purely nostalgic reasons, playing those patches recall for me a period of time and is quite inspiring. (:

------------------
Old 11-01-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Which bit is the Fairlight sample? The high pitch lead at the end?
Great tune, now please return Dave Gahan to his loved ones, they are worried.
That Fairlight app is pretty cool too btw, an de it can actually sample!

So when’s the album due?

ha - i'll be keeping Dave.

album is up in the air - we're about to begin sending out demos, we'd rather not self-release this material.

Advertisements

------------------