| DnB 172 Bpm | Noise808 - Promised Lands
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
xicotam
Minor Glitch
xicotam has a spectacular aura aboutxicotam has a spectacular aura aboutxicotam has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 206
| DnB 172 Bpm | Noise808 - Promised Lands

Hi guys

Just finished a 172 bpm track and was wondering if you could give me some opinions/feedbacks.

The tune is inspired by early days 1996 dnb/jungle.

Hope you enjoyed it and thx for listening!

Advertisements

xicotam is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - | DnB 172 Bpm | Noise808 - Promised Lands.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42408749
Thanked 5,495 Times in 3,571 Posts
Re: | DnB 172 Bpm | Noise808 - Promised Lands ( Feedback/opinion appreciated )

I'd suggest leaving out requests for feedback in thread title. It upsets the easily upsettable. People will mosey by as suits their mood
I'll edit it as soon as I'm done listening.

I'm not a DnB head so pinch of salt required:

Bachelors of Science feels, so I guess you might be where you want to be.

I'd prefer a wee bit more punch on the bass drum, maybe a lil sub or such.

Nice chilled-out feel, good job

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110
Re: | DnB 172 Bpm | Noise808 - Promised Lands

I really like this style and you definitely capture what I like about it. It has that frantic urgency but with a "at my own pace" attitude, really cool.

My only feedback (I am no expert) is the vibrating sub, wasn't my cup o'tea, but that is prob just a taste thing.

Other than that, really nice track, I liked it!
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:59 PM   #4
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7460
Re: | DnB 172 Bpm | Noise808 - Promised Lands

Nice sounding track which I'd say actually does fit into the correct genre. Quite often I hear tracks aptly named DnB but don't quite fit that space properly. This one does manage to retain the oldskool and deep liquid aspect of drum & bass of the past and I think you did a pretty good job overall. I wasn't too sure whether I was fully keen on the whole vocal part at first as it sometimes came across as jarringly abrupt in the mix, but after listening a couple of times I've gotten used to it now.

I think the bass line is correct for the genre it's supposed to sit in and works, allowing the track to flow deeply and progressively. The kick doesn't sound to bad to my ears being quite soft but intentionally soft and rounded yet I can feel it pushing along with the track. I think a harder sounding kick may have taken away from that deep vibe really. There's a definite weight to it coming through my monitors so I personally don't feel it's too quiet.

Wasn't too sure about that short silence early on after the track begins to get going. Maybe it was because it occurs too soon after the drop, but also just felt like it took away from the vibe of the track being a little too empty. These sorts of edits I'm usually a fan of but I think it's the style and mood of the track that takes me out of the experience. It's a good technique but I'd maybe have another layer in there just to make it less sudden emptyness and maybe have it come in later during the drums.

Good track though overall.

Advertisements

------------------
Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman [Seismic Theory]

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote