[DnB - Jump Up/Neuro] Neuralsphere - (Untitled)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-01-2018, 02:58 AM   #1
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9910
[DnB - Jump Up/Neuro] Neuralsphere - (Untitled)

Happy New year everyone, hope you had a good end to last year. Looking for some feedback on a track I made today, ending isn't there yet not sure whether to extend it with another section or wrap it up just after the 3 min mark. Also let me know if anything bugs you about the mix, helps me to make a checklist for when I can have another crack at it. Anyway hope you enjoy

Edit: Several updates later this is the final version, unless I decide to do a variance in production... Feel free to listen to it on its own or as part of a compilation

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Neuralsphere; 26-02-2018 at 11:02 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [DnB - Jump Up/Neuro] Neuralsphere - (Untitled).
Old 03-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: [DnB - Jump Up/Neuro] Neuralsphere - (Untitled)

Those bells are a really interesting juxtaposition to the rest of the track. The mix sounds a tad hollow to me--a lot of midrange scoops in EQ land? A little more punch on the kick and snap to the snare.

I like this a lot and would totally play this 12" at the party. Seems it'd be a tad hard to mix in and out of though. It jumps right in and kind of just ends--at the very least, even if you don't care about mixability, I do think it ends too abruptly.

Nice to see you about again my friend.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

I really like the feel, especially when it drops at the minute mark. I would agree with relic about the mixing issues but i know you just started the track . I would say to finish it up the second time you come to the main drop have some more variation with the drum licks and neuro riffs. just add a few more fills , and maybe the odd synth stab to spice it up

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42408849
Thanked 5,497 Times in 3,572 Posts

That one drum loop could use some variation on the bass/snare and the track overall might benefit from having a few places in it with less going on.

Other than those observations, quite liked it. Nice work

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

Totally digging this track. Sure there are some mixing work to be had, but the soul is there, definitely has that right feel and structure. I also love the growl you have in there, really catchy sound.

Would love to hear the finished version with the mixing and intro/outro completed.

Thanks for sharing!
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:14 PM   #6
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7460

The low end definitely needs tidying up as it's a bit muddy and too much. Feels quite congested with ideas at times which I can imagine is part of the reason for this. I'd say it starts off too busy right from the off too which would make it hard for mixing. The melody gets lost from the aggressive bass when they play together. Personally I'd say this track would work better without the melody full stop as there's something that for me just doesn't gel with the darker aspect of the track. The dark bit does have that neuro feel though I think you're trying to aim for.

There's a lot of low end during the intro too which is usually better to bring in either subtly or just have none until the point at which the track properly drops into it's flow. This is quite often 90% of the time at the 1min 6 second mark or 48 bars. Some people drop in after 32 which is approx 44 secs. I think on yours it comes in heavy around 22 seconds, and I've done this before in the past which can often be easier to leave out until later. It's a bit easier if you are used to mixing tracks as a DJ frequently as the structures start to become natural. I'd say maybe try even studying a few layouts of existing tracks and fit your track into the blueprint of another so you know the intro and outro are more DJ friendly and just mix better. It's a very good thing to try out.

Sorry if it sounds quite harsh but I'm quite often straight with people on mixes.

Last edited by Optimal Prime; 07-01-2018 at 11:21 PM..

------------------
Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman [Seismic Theory]

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #7
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal Prime View Post
Sorry if it sounds quite harsh but I'm quite often straight with people on mixes.
No worries dude, thanks for taking the time to input - it helps me to work on my weaknesses! I had to rush it a bit for completion, might revisit it and do a variance in production when there's less on my plate. Shame you don't like the Chinese toy bells, I'm quite taken with them but think they could do with some finesse I've yet to master. Anyway this is finished... well as finished as any other piece of electronic music...

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote