[Remix/Dark house] I/O_Madnes - Friday (IO Weekend Redux)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-01-2018, 04:31 AM   #1
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11490454
Thanked 1,060 Times in 777 Posts
[Remix/Dark house] I/O_Madnes - Friday (IO Weekend Redux)

what it do?!

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Remix/Dark house] I/O_Madnes - Friday (IO Weekend Redux).
Old 01-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: [Remix/Dark house] I/O_Madnes - Friday (IO Weekend Redux)

Saw this in the confessions thread if I'm right? Thank you for making this exist. I mean, its fun because its funny. But its also a cool house remix with some real old school flavor to the way the vocals are employed.

Sorry, I'd say more, but I'm kinda hung blurry still at 2pm on this new years day... : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:58 PM   #3
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11490454
Thanked 1,060 Times in 777 Posts

I actually only utilized sounds from the song itself for this. The story kinda behind why this came into existence is that so at work, I often talk to one of my supervisors about music and making music and how audio works in computers, since I work in IT. My supervisor doesn't do music really, he's more of a casual music listener, so I always like kinda blowing his mind with music stuff, kinda relating my love of music to the more computer realm.

Anyhow, so I was talking with him about how artists remix songs, and how you can take sounds and change them up to serve some other purpose, and somehow we got on the topic of Rebecca Black, and he asked if I could do a remix of Friday using nothing but the sounds already in the track. So I went out and purchased Friday from Amazon lol, which, unfortunately they only had the mp3, but I took that and found parts that I felt I could mess with and put it all together.

I've been working on this one for a while. lol it actually took me a few good sessions to get it all together and convince myself that people would hear something other than just "Friday". I did go through a few revisions. I was close to abandoning it lol cuz I'd just hear that pop-sounding mix still sounding the same and just getting the more pop-sound, which I didn't want.

Oh, and this version is not exactly the one in the Confessions thread. This one has additional mixing and changes that the other did not have. I think I changed the intro too. Before it was just the opening of Friday alternating from the left to the right speakers. but I felt like it sounded too much like it would be some "straight" remix of Friday, like Friday remixed by Deadmau5 or something lol so I had to go and change that lol. Actually, there may be some things I might still change, but this is final-ish enough.

On a side note, I always love doing remixes tho. I love finding "accidental" melodies and things messing with other people's music, or filtering it or stuff to make it different. I feel like I'm much more able to build a track by making a remix than by fleshing out something from scratch.

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts

Oh wow. That's a great back story to the track and Im really impressed you only used samples from the song. Extra cool.

Ive got a few friends who casually play guitar or mountain dulcimer as a couple examples and they were also quite amazed at what I could do with just a small recording of their instrument.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote