[Electronic] Moonracer -Drift
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
EmeraldZone
Knob Twiddler
EmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MC
Bradford, England
MC Status: 186216
[Electronic] Moonracer -Drift

Hey guys and gals

My cousin and I write music under the name MoonRacer. We have produced a new track called Drift. Our inspiration was this video video [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I used a really cool tape plugin for the track. Its by Waves and its called Kramer Tape adds a real nice crunch to the drums.

Id love to know what you guys think!

Thanks

Lewis

Advertisements

------------------
EmeraldZone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] Moonracer -Drift.
Old 19-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Kneedless
Master of the LFO
Kneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond reputeKneedless has a reputation beyond repute
Straya
MC Status: 3460
Re: [Electronic] Moonracer -Drift

I love this track, it has such a peaceful vibe and a very nice progression. the drums sounds great and the soft bass tone suits the track perfectly. it is also mixed very well.

------------------
Kneedless is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
portman
Analog Lurker
portman will become famous soon enoughportman will become famous soon enough
Hertfordshire, England, UK, Earth
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedless View Post
I love this track, it has such a peaceful vibe and a very nice progression. the drums sounds great and the soft bass tone suits the track perfectly. it is also mixed very well.
100% agree with this
Amazing track. It's like something from a Hollywood film. It has such a great vibe to it and those drums sounds AWESOME!

Would love to hear more from you guys

portman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Just bumping and cool track . Those vocal hits are pretty cool & I'm really digging the violin. Have you recorded any instruments yourself for this track or used any of your own field recordings?
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
EmeraldZone
Knob Twiddler
EmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MC
Bradford, England

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy as of late!

Thanks Kneedless! Ive just read an email from you Ill be sure to check out your works!

Thanks for the kind words portman!

Thanks again scyn! There are a few field recordings layered over each other, more so in the intro. It creates a sense of space which I think works pretty well.

Unfortunately I don't own my own violin so I used a viola from Vienna instruments. Awesome quality, id strongly recommend them, especially for solo orchestral instruments!

The drums are me hitting my acoustic guitar in various different ways and with loads of effects added to the audio!

Really glad you guys enjoyed it

------------------
Old 26-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

Sounds very pro.
Great track.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 23210

I was alone on an island to this song. There I saw the existence of all of my friends outside of my own reality. I then questioned my meaning and worth to them, and I couldn't find the answers. I was quite bereft of activites. Then I picked my eyes of the ground and when I looked in the mirror I discovered I was God. The dream crashed and everyone in it died, but when I awoke there was only a peaceful abyss of the things we call life. Now I see the island for what it really was and the reality of freedom.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
d3b
Knob Twiddler
d3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MC
MC Status: 118464

really cool track, i think you should keep working on it
d3b is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
EmeraldZone
Knob Twiddler
Bradford, England

Thanks for listening Chozo Tull and d3b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
I was alone on an island to this song. There I saw the existence of all of my friends outside of my own reality. I then questioned my meaning and worth to them, and I couldn't find the answers. I was quite bereft of activites. Then I picked my eyes of the ground and when I looked in the mirror I discovered I was God. The dream crashed and everyone in it died, but when I awoke there was only a peaceful abyss of the things we call life. Now I see the island for what it really was and the reality of freedom.
This is the best response for a track i've ever received. Thank you

------------------
Old 27-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
GeneralConcept
Minor Glitch
GeneralConcept is a jewel in the roughGeneralConcept is a jewel in the roughGeneralConcept is a jewel in the rough
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
MC Status: 260

Whoah! The long wait thru the intro was worth it. I think the drums are the revolutionary part. It goes great with the video.

In short, I downloaded it!
GeneralConcept is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Drift by MoonRacer
Old 27-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
gatefour
Sample Destroyer
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Beautiful tune. Really dig the intro and the faint field recording stuff going on throughout. Loved the drums that come in and everything else that follows too, very organic feel to the entire thing.

I think this might be the best song I've heard posted on these forums ever since i joined! I'll definitely keep an eye out for your future stuff.
gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #12
Deware
Learning The Ropes
Deware is currently spamming hard
West Midlands
MC Status: 10

really nice work dude, thick but not dense, well produced but not over-produced. Quality.
Deware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
EmeraldZone
Knob Twiddler
Bradford, England

Thank you very much for the comments!

------------------
Old 30-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #14
Strut D
Analog Lurker
Strut D has a spectacular aura aboutStrut D has a spectacular aura about
London
MC Status: 160

Excellent stuff. All the elements complement each other and the production quality is superb

------------------
Strut D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #15
DeceasedTech
Minor Glitch
DeceasedTech has a spectacular aura aboutDeceasedTech has a spectacular aura aboutDeceasedTech has a spectacular aura about
Arizona
MC Status: 210

Absolutely inspiring. Fits the ISS video perfectly, but it's smooth enough to be used on nearly anything. I could walk around a village in an RPG to this, or throw plasma grenades at the Covenant. It could be intro credits on a movie, or, perhaps....

...just a song to relax to.

Album?
DeceasedTech is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #16
Ttinga
Ttinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to behold
Chicago
MC Status: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldZone View Post
The drums are me hitting my acoustic guitar in various different ways and with loads of effects added to the audio!
Interesting, I would not have expected that. I thought you just used tribal drum samples. Anyway, great track, as others have said.

------------------
Ttinga is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #17
tatsama
break all barriers..
tatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MCtatsama is a savage MC
underground
MC Status: 55969203

Lovely vibe mate ! Well done !

------------------
tatsama is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Brilliant. I love this. Warm glows and organic sounds, great tones.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
freepriest
Minor Glitch
freepriest is currently spamming hard
Toronto
MC Status: 10

Very cool that you made the drums with your guitar, if you can mimic that live you could do extremely well I imagine.

Advertisements

freepriest is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote