[House/Dark/Electronic] Boxed In - Two Opal
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
[House/Dark/Electronic] Boxed In - Two Opal

My first real attempt at a dance song. Was pretty fun to make but I've basically only used headphones to mix on so any advice on the general mix would be very much appreciated. Hope you enjoy

Last edited by pBrane; 14-08-2013 at 07:44 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House/Dark/Electronic] Boxed In - Two Opal.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
Re: [House/Dark/Electronic] Boxed In - Two Opal

bummmp

------------------
Old 11-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
hiddensound
hiddensound is just really nicehiddensound is just really nicehiddensound is just really nicehiddensound is just really nice
Phoenix, AZ
MC Status: 360

the elements really need to be eq'd properly. sounds like everything is straight up in the mix, and very muddy. things need to be widened, panned, etc... the kick is really weak, the snare needs to snap a lot more. sounds like some clipping is going on. bassline needs to be tamed. they don't really sit right on top of each other. the ba-da-dum needs to be gated.

put a frequency analyzer like voxengo span on the elements and see how they overlap / fit together, how you can seperate them a bit without just sidechaining.

good ideas though, may sound harsh but i dont comment on things unless i like em
hiddensound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
pBrane
Sample Destroyer

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I managed to get my speakers back today and now I can definitely hear what you're saying. Do you think this is an improvement?

------------------
Old 14-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
DaveCNewton
Analog Lurker
DaveCNewton has a spectacular aura aboutDaveCNewton has a spectacular aura aboutDaveCNewton has a spectacular aura about
Manchester

Good ideas, but could do with a lot more production. Bring the drums to the foreground and get the pad properly in the background. Maybe some filtering and stereo imaging would help.

------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaveCNewton is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
wesgenerates
Granular Poster
wesgenerates will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

okay, the melodies and ideas are sweet as hell imo. i like dark house and this is groovy and funky and dark. it walks afine line between fun and dark. hard to do but gj.

production needs a whole lot of work.

I can't like you anything cuz of my post status but pls watch this video on youtube

"swiss house mafia drum kick". great tutorial. as soon as you get a good kick you can start cleaning your entire mix up.

to get more brightness out of your basslines, which sound a little too muddy imo, cut out some frequency in the bass. please look this up in google images

"eq frequency chart for electronic music"

this will help. peace.
wesgenerates is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #7
Hooligan
Radial Developer
Hooligan is a jewel in the roughHooligan is a jewel in the roughHooligan is a jewel in the rough
Pennsylvania
MC Status: 260

Be nice to hear what you bring to the table once you clear all the mud up. Agree with what everyone else is saying. EQ it out. That said. I dig the whole feel to the tune.

Advertisements

------------------
:instagib:
Hooligan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote