Beatmatching with Mixxx
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
mayahari
Regular Freak
mayahari will become famous soon enough
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
MC Status: 60
Beatmatching with Mixxx

Hi All Happy New Year..

Is it possible to learn beat matching with an audio interface like audio 6 and Mixxx software ?

Thank you.

Advertisements

mayahari is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: Beatmatching with Mixxx

Every post you make is a random question regarding DJ'ing: First it was Traktor (which you said you purchased), then Ableton (which you said you purchased), then the APC40 and various midi-controllers.

What gives?
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
mayahari
Regular Freak
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

Dear sycn sorry for the confusion. Of course I got Audio 6 n live 8. But few djs in the forum advised not to use live until I am learning basics like beat matching. They advised to get a Mixer. For my budget Pioneer mixers are somewhat unreachable. At the moment I can buy Behringer djx750. But unfortunately unable to get any review back about the mixer from any of them. I dunno to buy that mixer or not. In the meanwhile I never installed live 8 as I feel it resist my basic learning curve for some time. Of course always I am sure my passion is Ableton live. Just I am slowing down to touch live with some skills.

As I said I am looking for the equipments ( in the cheap possible way ) as I feel if djx750 is not advisable I can save that for some costly mixer in future. But at the same time I need to learn. Apart from live I got audio 6. So I am trying for Mixxx. Is there big difference learning beatmatching with a real mixer n software like mixxx. Or djx 750 is really a deal at least for sometime. The review about 750 is moderate n it is a best buy for a beginner but what annoys is that they got experience that its slowly breaking. Like buttons knobs are breaking after six months. That hesitates me.

I got a decent laptop, live 8 n audio 6. To learn beat match what next...?

This is my situation. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\

You say you want to use a mixer - where will the music come from if you do (Ableton, cd / vinyl, Traktor etc.)?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
scyn
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayahari View Post
Dear sycn sorry for the confusion. Of course I got Audio 6 n live 8. But few djs in the forum advised not to use live until I am learning basics like beat matching. They advised to get a Mixer. For my budget Pioneer mixers are somewhat unreachable.
You know what? Plug everything in, switch it all on, load Ableton and start learning. Stop thinking you need to spend money on more gear just because someone else said you must. Stop procrastinating and start doing something already. You could have learned the basics of Ableton or Trakor in all this time.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north
MC Status: 10122944

for your software dilemma...
the only software you will ever teach yourself to beatmatch on is serato scratch live, because every other software has autosync, and thus, increases your reliance on your laptop screen, even if you don't 'sync', because you're reliant on information from the software. serato does not use sync, and stays true to DJing by forcing you to use your equipment and manually do the work. (which is the way it should be, imho)

as for your mixer dilemma...
any mixer will do you fine in a dj setup. if it's your first mixer, or your first adventure into DJing, i advise to buy the cheapest crap mixer you can find, for two reasons.

1) you will (likely) beat the living shit out of your first dj mixer while you learn until you develop a light touch, therefore, after your 6 month or 1 year or 2 year learning curve, this mixer will have been degraded to crap, and such, need to be replaced.

2) your personal aspirations as a dj will change from your entry-level desires, to new desires you'll discover in your first year of learning, therefore, you will likely find a reason that your current mixer is no good for your style, and you'll likely want to upgrade/change your mixer in the future.

these both happened to me when i first started learning DJing. i bought myself a rane 56s mixer, a 2-channel battle/scratch style mixer, and spent my first year as a DJ learning to scratch, and basically beat the snot out of that mixer. then, after learning and honeing my scratching skills, and 2 out of 3 faders on the mixer virtually pooched, I realized i needed a new mixer out of necessity.

some day i'll afford myself a nice dreamy pio 900nexus so i can get serato & ableton on the same mixing surface...

...if i stop buying iPads for Lemur, that is. :ph34r:
aerodynamiks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
mayahari
Regular Freak
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

Hi Guys thanks for the info.

Advertisements