How to get amazing vocal sound synth?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Closed Thread
Old 27-09-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2460
How to get amazing vocal sound synth?

Or is it samples? Then they change pitch?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I love the vocal ah oh sounds in this song and similar sounds in other songs.

I dont think they are produced by any vst are they? In nexus i cant get it with presets for voice settings.

So im guessing its samples?

Then what they apply delay and change the pitch of sample so as to make it like different notes?

Or is there a vst that produces such sounds if so which?

cheers

Advertisements

------------------
JayMSay is offline   Thanks
Old 27-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts
Re: How to get amazing vocal sound synth?

Pretty much any synth. Vibrato (sineLFO on pitch). Dual peak EQ (or some formant filter). Pitchbend. Delay and/or reverb.

edit: Duh! If you had only been specific.
Yeah, it's just cut up female vocals.

Last edited by Evelon; 27-09-2014 at 10:25 AM..

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks
Old 27-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Pretty much any synth. Vibrato (sineLFO on pitch). Dual peak EQ (or some formant filter). Pitchbend. Delay and/or reverb.
really? SO Ill need to make it myself

Surpised if its possible why its not a preset in nexus?

------------------
Old 27-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378667

Pretty sure the sounds you mean are cut up female vocals. No words just bits made into the riff.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks
Old 27-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
Pretty sure the sounds you mean are cut up female vocals. No words just bits made into the riff.
Like at 2:05 and onwards

So its a cut up vocal sample? Not made on a synthesiser? but a .wav file kinda thing..they manipulate

BUt how do they make melody? they change pitch of the cut? Or thats just the melody after cutting the phrase or whatever. You think they get live singer to sing something then cut it up or what?

How can i replicate these sounds as a bedroom producer is the question though

------------------
Old 27-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
Trebesch
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8598981

At the point in the song you mentioned it's just chopped up vocals as Focalized said. And you make the melody the say way you would with any other sample or instrument, I'm not sure what you're finding difficult to understand about it.
Trebesch is offline   Thanks
Old 27-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebesch View Post
At the point in the song you mentioned it's just chopped up vocals as Focalized said. And you make the melody the say way you would with any other sample or instrument, I'm not sure what you're finding difficult to understand about it.
Im not sure how this works in the DAW Fruity loops for example? Bare in mind im new.

So chopped up vocal= a sample file eg mp3? wav?

You then copy paste the sample and change the pitch for the melody?

Or somehow u can make the sample play through the piano roll? so u input the melody on the piano roll?

edit-

GOOGLE TIME

------------------
Old 27-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base

There's more than one way to do things like that.

I haven't used FL in a long time and I know it's more extensive now. The basic way in most DAWs is to simply have a vocal recording (.wav, etc) and cut it into the parts you want forming a loop, riff, melody whatever. Visually in the DAW it's kind of like editing film if you get me. You'll have control over each segment of audio you cut and trim. Control over its position, volume, panning and envelope. Envelope meaning you can make a sustained sound short or long, or make it swell. Most DAWs should have these basic controls over each audio clip in the channel.

The more advanced way is with a sampler. Sampler VST for most of us. All these basic DAW functions plus much more depending on the sampler. Using a sampler adds the ease of being able to play a sampled sound over the keyboard (piano roll). With results depending on the sampler. You're basically able to take sound samples and use them as if they were an instrument. Results depend on the time you put into experimenting and knowing what does what.

------------------
Thanks to Focalized
JayMSay (27-09-2014)
Old 27-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #9
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
There's more than one way to do things like that.

I haven't used FL in a long time and I know it's more extensive now. The basic way in most DAWs is to simply have a vocal recording (.wav, etc) and cut it into the parts you want forming a loop, riff, melody whatever. Visually in the DAW it's kind of like editing film if you get me. You'll have control over each segment of audio you cut and trim. Control over its position, volume, panning and envelope. Envelope meaning you can make a sustained sound short or long, or make it swell. Most DAWs should have these basic controls over each audio clip in the channel.
yeh i just investigated it..Still its hard to get what u want exactly unless i guess you know what you want in first place would help haha.

I just took any old thing and tried to make it sound cool.

------------------
Old 27-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #10
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.
MC Status: 421877929
Thanked 4,999 Times in 2,889 Posts

I think they were just chopped up and not played through a synth. It's just the same few samples over and over again.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks
Old 27-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
I think they were just chopped up and not played through a synth. It's just the same few samples over and over again.
yeh with some fx on it..

------------------
Old 27-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #12
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

You've got to learn how everything you plan to use works. From the ground up. Then it will be easy knowing why you need to use it.

------------------
Old 27-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #13
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMSay View Post
Or is it samples? Then they change pitch?

I love the vocal ah oh sounds in this song and similar sounds in other songs.

I dont think they are produced by any vst are they? In nexus i cant get it with presets for voice settings.

So im guessing its samples?

Then what they apply delay and change the pitch of sample so as to make it like different notes?

Or is there a vst that produces such sounds if so which?

cheers
you can do it with fl studio pitcher fruity slicer and midi out aka the skrillex effect

Last edited by joem; 27-09-2014 at 01:22 PM..
joem is offline   Thanks
Thanks to joem
JayMSay (27-09-2014)
Old 27-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 200210
Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,979 Posts

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 27-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
you can do it with fl studio pitcher fruity slicer and midi out aka the skrillex effect
i done it tnx in my new song

Advertisements

------------------
Closed Thread