Korg Volca - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #61
The Rumblist
Minor Glitch
The Rumblist is a jewel in the roughThe Rumblist is a jewel in the roughThe Rumblist is a jewel in the rough
Kent
MC Status: 260
Re: Korg Volca

I was interested in the Volca Beats but after hearing that snare I was a bit put off. They feel a bit like a posh toy for boys rather than a serious studio tool. Shame.

Advertisements

------------------
Rumblist Business Records
RBR001 The Rumblist - You Don't Know Me - https://soundcloud.com/rumblist-busi...blist-you-dont
The Rumblist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #62
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 21010

Bass and Keys are pretty decent! Far from toys. Dunno about Beats and Sampler, though...
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #63
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 188460
Thanked 3,769 Times in 2,231 Posts

Sonic state posted a video on the sample player one...I now get what it's cool for. In fact it's right up my alley. It screams 90's, s900-era detroit techno to me. The kind with parallel, transposed chord voicings all over the place... on the housish side of things.

It seems there are ways to load samples outside of using the ipad app.

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #64
poibles
Microknight
poibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud ofpoibles has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

The sample is great.
poibles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #65
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC

I played the Volca Keys today in a local music store and I have to admit, I do understand why people call the Volcas toys now...Although the Volca Bass really is a decent instrument!

The Volca Keys` filter is just too harsh and you canŽt get the LFO to work in a slight way; When you turn the intensity knob just a lil you get nice, slightly and almost inaudible oscillations - But when you turn the knob just a bit more - The LFO will knuckle down the sound. You can get some cool sounds out of it but basically the Volca Keys just sounds very weak.

I wonŽt buy the Keys. IŽll visit the store again on monday to play the Microbrute.

Last edited by Schnork; 07-03-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Old 22-03-2015, 02:40 AM   #66
Computator25
Minor Glitch
Computator25 is just really niceComputator25 is just really niceComputator25 is just really niceComputator25 is just really nice
MC Status: 360

i own three of the volas, don't have the volca sample (yet).
of the three (bass/beats/keys) the keys is my favourite, in an ideal world i'd own three of em - i like them that much. beats was a bit of a disappointment, but i know with some mods i can unlock it's true potential. a drum machine without swing or individual outs is borderline criminal ; )
Computator25 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #67
Schnork
IDMf Artist

Just sample its trigger pulse (sync out), put it in a drum sampler and feed it into your Volca (sync in) with swing.

Also works great with the Monotribe and the SQ-1.
Old 25-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #68
nymphelle
Regular Freak
nymphelle is just really nicenymphelle is just really nicenymphelle is just really nicenymphelle is just really nicenymphelle is just really nice
slo, ca
MC Status: 410

i recommend the microbrute. i love it very much, i run mine through a sears silvertone amp head and use the reverb on it...for the price it is especially great.
nymphelle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 12:57 PM   #69
exatoh
IDMf's latest spammer
exatoh is currently spamming hard
Burgas
MC Status: 10

The bass may look like a toy but with a proper detune this little thing can roar really fat and deep and sound like something big. The cutoff and reso feels really nice, the LFO is usable. The only minus for me is that its EG is kinda confusing with this decay/release knob, and theres a little bit of hiss to the sound. Overall for me its worth the price and if I am to buy one more device of this Korg line it will be only the sampler.

Advertisements

exatoh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote