Korg Volca - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 27-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589480
Thanked 7,971 Times in 5,601 Posts
Re: Korg Volca Bass\Beats\Keys

From watching the videos they look really, really fun. I'm not sure how useful of a studio tool they might be. If I could get the trio for 300USD or a bit less I consider getting them just because the look fun as hell.

Care to elaborate on "...it's analogue, it's hard to reach the limit of what they can do in a simple demonstration"?

Advertisements

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
Toivo
Regular Freak
Toivo will become famous soon enoughToivo will become famous soon enough
Butscha
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Care to elaborate on "...it's analogue, it's hard to reach the limit of what they can do in a simple demonstration"?
I'm on a low count still to post any links (do that later) but in one sentence it's like so: when I bought Monotribe, I thought it was just a funny creative toy, but after a year I ended up making so many different, different sounds with it, that I'd naturally need like, 200 plugins or so to be a little close to its versatility. I still come up with totally unexpected sounds with it, each day.
Toivo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I see. Thanks : )

As for the Volcas, it'll depend on my finances, but I really would love to get them just for the fun factor. I'm a huge fan of Korg grooveboxes, I used to own an ESX and though I sold it buy something that ended up being a better studio tool for me, I really miss jamming on it!

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 27-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #24
Hippot
Soundwave Mangler
Hippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1210

I ordered these things like 2-3 months ago, and they keep pushing the date of release back. It was suppose to be July, now its like the end of september. I think I started a thread a bit ago on them where i linked some videos relic, if you want to check that out.
Hippot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
Hippot
Soundwave Mangler
Hippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud of

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

here is the link with the original creator messing about with some external additions. A guy called Mr, Dataline, who imo has some darn awesome live videos also uses them in conjunction with some elektron stuff.

the first link has the volca stuff from the creator, the second is the dataline link
Thanks to Hippot
relic (27-07-2013)
Old 27-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Thanks Hippot. I have seen a few Volca vids, but not this one with the Octratrack!

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 27-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
Hippot
Soundwave Mangler

yeah man i really like that guys videos a lot.
Old 27-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #28
Toivo
Regular Freak
Toivo will become famous soon enoughToivo will become famous soon enough
Butscha
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippot View Post
I ordered these things like 2-3 months ago, and they keep pushing the date of release back. It was suppose to be July, now its like the end of september.
hm, yeah, i see now the German shop where I preordered them now removed release date (it was end of July). Darn, that really looks like more waiting.

I like that vid immensely.
Toivo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #29
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 571251
KORG Volca Bass

pretty damn cool

------------------
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #30
Nyul
IDMf Artist
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010
Re: KORG Volca Bass

I have a Volca Keys since a week or two, fun little box (I posted a small review thing yesterday in the hardware thread)
It's a nice little box with a decent sound and fun controls, I would definitely recommend you getting one if you can miss some cash and would like a little thingie to jam with.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC

Just saw your picture on the thread,nice to see a fellow bass player. What is that bass there?

I'd get my hands on this thing as soon as possible, i really like the sequencer mode...it somehow fits to my way of developing basslines for edm, i mean the way construct a bassline then 'hear' its variation, then trying to duplicate what's into my head into the daw

i usually make breakbeat, so this is kind of a fit to me

------------------
Old 26-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #32
Nyul
IDMf Artist
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010

It's the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, love it
Here is another gear shot I did long ago where he is better visible http://i.imgur.com/BxuoVQZ.jpg

Yeah, the sequencer is great fun. It is also very easy to record parameters too so it's great for jamming on a short loop.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #33
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764302

Bass player here. 18 years strong.

My buddy just picked up all three of these little guys (beats bass keys) and has told me they are well worth the cash and all sound way bigger than you'd think. The drums on the beats are especially nice. I'm thinking of getting these eventually to bring some analog love to my cold digital heart.

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #34
slugware
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
Yeah, the sequencer is great fun. It is also very easy to record parameters too so it's great for jamming on a short loop.
Exactly what i think it's the most fun about this little toy

------------------
Old 14-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #35
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 48360
Re: Korg Volca

Here's a nice video of said units.

Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #36
lectrixboogaloo
Minor Glitch
lectrixboogaloo is just really nicelectrixboogaloo is just really nicelectrixboogaloo is just really nicelectrixboogaloo is just really nicelectrixboogaloo is just really nice
MC Status: 410

New Volca Sample player!!! Seems neat-o but comes in iWhite for some reason...
lectrixboogaloo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #37
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 21160

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectrixboogaloo View Post
New Volca Sample player!!! Seems neat-o but comes in iWhite for some reason...
You need a damn IPhone to load samples into the Volca Sampler.
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #38
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
brooklyn
MC Status: 32160

Yeah, I was excited about it until I read that. I have a thing for samplers, and that just ruins it for me.

Now that Electribe Sampler.....

------------------
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to g0lem
relic (06-09-2014)
Old 06-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #39
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
From watching the videos they look really, really fun. I'm not sure how useful of a studio tool they might be. If I could get the trio for 300USD or a bit less I consider getting them just because the look fun as hell.
I just got the bass as a birthday gift from my lady, it is indeed a lot of fun. I like running it through my KP3 on a delay setting and just squelching away on the filter, it's not your classic acid sound, but it definitely has its own character, also, you can kinda emulate the missing accent option by splitting up the vco groups and programming the third oscillator in where you want accents. It also does an okay house chord kinda thing if you spread the oscillators to the right intervals. I wouldn't say it's particularly versatile, but it does enough stuff to keep itself useful, oh, and tons of fun!
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #40
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
I just got the bass as a birthday gift from my lady, it is indeed a lot of fun. I like running it through my KP3 on a delay setting and just squelching away on the filter, it's not your classic acid sound, but it definitely has its own character, also, you can kinda emulate the missing accent option by splitting up the vco groups and programming the third oscillator in where you want accents. It also does an okay house chord kinda thing if you spread the oscillators to the right intervals. I wouldn't say it's particularly versatile, but it does enough stuff to keep itself useful, oh, and tons of fun!
Yea. I have a Volca Keys now. I'm not really into it TBH...but also TBH...I haven't really, really tried playing it live much. I was generally underwhelmed by the sound. When the new sampling electribe comes out, the Volca Keys is gone.

Advertisements

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB