Solar Fields - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 30-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #21
devils_avocado
Granular Poster
devils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to beholddevils_avocado is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910
Re: Solar Fields

I've been wanting to get into Solar Fields but I've thus far been unsuccessful. I've heard a few of his albums, some a few times over too.

It's clearly beautiful music and very well done, but I still get a more generic vibe from it like I do most music. It doesn't move me deeply.

Carbon Based Lifeforms are the one fully downtempo and psybient artist that truly moves me deeply. I adore 3 of their albums and I like a lot of World of Sleepers. Although not as much as Derelicts, Interloper or Hydroponic Garden. Despite it being their most well known.

I dunno what it is that moves me so much more with them. Maybe it's all the 303 in their music, maybe it's the way they use their drummachines in their music, maybe it's the analog feel... whatever it is... I love it.

They were highly inspired by Boards of Canada apparently (as were a lot of downtempo artists), but I can't stand BoC! Despite their music being pretty, they really bore me to death and don't move me like CBL do.

Advertisements

devils_avocado is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote