[film score]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764302
[film score]

I was asked to score a short film, and this is the music I came up with, it hasnt been released yet, so I can't post the video, but I'd to hear what you guys think of the sound. The film itself is pretty intense, and someone gets their throat cut, so the music is a little on the creepy side at times. The last minute is just a cushion for the credits.

Advertisements

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [film score].
Old 21-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Chills
Ghostly
Chills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MC
Boston
MC Status: 7998752
Re: [film score]

I'd have to see it with the video, but I like it. It really sets an intense atmosphere, especially from 1:40-2:18, I can feel the tension building.

------------------
Chills is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC

Right on man, thanks for listening, and I know that it would make a lot more sense when seen with the video. Intensity and tension are what I was going for there, glad it comes across.

------------------
Old 23-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
Tibbalz
Granular Poster
Tibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond reputeTibbalz has a reputation beyond repute
Detroit! Just kidding small town. It's sort of by Detroit.
MC Status: 3103

I once took a giant pizza roll, cut it open and stuffed it full of pizza rolls. It was amazing.
This is better. O.O
Extremely well done.
I would like more of a transition at 2.20, it feels a bit like "Hey I'm here, but now I'm over here without much notice"
Obviously it might transition better with the film added.
at 4.40 you could probably get nastier with that like nasty whirring sound, louder I mean, just for a second and kind of pan in an out off in the corner. and I like the cushion for the credits. that is nice.
Awesome song thank you!

------------------
Tibbalz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
POLTINA
Regular Freak
POLTINA is currently spamming hard
Los Angeles
MC Status: 10

I really enjoyed this! The bass that comes in at about 1:43 really sets the mood.. 4:11 is clever as well. What mode and scale did you use for this. And do you use Ableton for film scores?. if i ever do work on films its always with protools, im just curious. thanks and awesome work!!
POLTINA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

@POLTINA: This is based in a c minor tonality, but I did tons of altered chords, and chromatic things to add tension. And I used Live for this, as it's the environment I am most comfortable in. I think it works fine for film scores.

------------------
Old 24-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51238106

Sounds promising...
Looking forward to the film, though I hope it's not based on a shock effect solely.

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My latest album Als je zuvor, a cinematic ambient doom jazz noir saga:
http://idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=149635
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128526

Awesome.
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

Thanks for the support guys. Im glad that this music is able to stand on it's own in some way.

And no need to worry Morgen, the shock is well placed, and I thought it was a very well written 5 minutes the first time I watched it.

Advertisements

------------------