Things you should know about Ableton cpu spikes, Latency and Nvidia drivers - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 22-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #41
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer
Deep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MC
MC Status: 17684505
Re: Things you should know about Ableton cpu spikes, Latency and Nvidia drivers

Hey TigerMendoza, thats what I like to hear! Glad the post helped you out a bit. Nothing kills creativity more than your computer choking when you need it most. I've been happily problem free since I posted this, now I just need to update to something with more power. Got my eye on an I7. Maybe an xmas present to myself lol.

Look forward to your post! Same for anybody else reading this, if you have some findings to contribute, post it up

Advertisements

Deep Dose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #42
Exibyte
Granular Poster
Exibyte is a jewel in the roughExibyte is a jewel in the roughExibyte is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Found these videos which pretty much summarize this thread:

Exibyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #43
SongsByHamilton
IDMf's latest spammer
SongsByHamilton has a spectacular aura aboutSongsByHamilton has a spectacular aura aboutSongsByHamilton has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Hey this is my first post just joined so I could tell everyone about another trick that wasn't mentioned here. This made the biggest difference for me so hopefully it helps someone. Ableton had been way unstable for me. cpu spikes and sets that didn't have much going on at all fluctuating up to 106% with snaps crackles and pops on an overclocked 6 core pc with 16gb of ddr3 and 2gb of gddr5. What I found out is that power saving options in my Bios settings were turning off the cores that "weren't being used" causing the instability in ableton. Long story short quick solution is to restart your computer go into your bios and make sure power saving options like c1e or cool&quit are disabled. Instantly solved my problem also drastically improved my latency benchmarks. Just something you might want to look into. Thought I would pass it on and hopefully it'll help.

Last edited by SongsByHamilton; 24-01-2013 at 05:48 PM..
SongsByHamilton is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #44
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer
Deep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MC
MC Status: 17684505

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongsByHamilton View Post
Hey this is my first post just joined so I could tell everyone about another trick that wasn't mentioned here. This made the biggest difference for me so hopefully it helps someone. Ableton had been way unstable for me. cpu spikes and sets that didn't have much going on at all fluctuating up to 106% with snaps crackles and pops on an overclocked 6 core pc with 16gb of ddr3 and 2gb of gddr5. What I found out is that power saving options in my Bios settings were turning off the cores that "weren't being used" causing the instability in ableton. Long story short quick solution is to restart your computer go into your bios and make sure power saving options like c1e or cool&quit are disabled. Instantly solved my problem also drastically improved my latency benchmarks. Just something you might want to look into. Thought I would pass it on and hopefully it'll help.
excellent man, thats the kind of stuff we are looking for. I personally am not very confident when it comes to messing with the bios, but I would like to learn. The symptoms you described are exactly what I had
Deep Dose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Deep Dose
fade thomas (28-10-2018)
Old 28-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #45
Abfahrt Yeah!
Minor Glitch
Abfahrt Yeah! has a spectacular aura aboutAbfahrt Yeah! has a spectacular aura aboutAbfahrt Yeah! has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

I'm having this cpu spikes too, but on a macbook pro. I've searched for tools like mentioned for Mac OS, but found none. Does someone know what to do on a Mac?
Abfahrt Yeah! is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Abfahrt Yeah!
GravityBox (01-08-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #46
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 760

awesome trick. im gonna use this trick!

Advertisements

------------------
Please like my Facebook page!!
https://www.facebook.com/nomadicjurassic
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote