[Modular - Melodic] Tales from the void
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75629089
[Modular - Melodic] Tales from the void

New album is out, and can be downloaded here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The whole album is a sonic journey through new sounds, and also has a small sci-fi story written for this album.
The story is in the description of each of the tracks. The last track of this album reached #1 in the annual dutch synthforum contest, out of 83 entries, so I'm very happy for all the support from everyone. Hope you guys will enjoy it too.

Cheers,

Stefan
[SB-SIX]

Advertisements

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460
Re: [Modular - Melodic] Tales from the void

Bought it, listening to it now

It's quite good. Very evocative. Lovely work. Good job ! You made one listener happy :3

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort

Hi,

Thanks for the support and the donation! I’m happy you like it

Cheers,

Stefan

------------------
Old 06-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 19560

Cool sounds man! I wish I had some eurorack gear... Pretty cool story too! Are you in another dimension? Aliens? Ghosts?? It is verrry mysterious and leaves plenty to the imagination. Favorite tracks are porbably Moonside of the dark + Harvester, Pendency is a runner up, nice filter work, as well as the opening track, wild note choices in this one. Great closer as well. Honestly all really cool!!

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Cheers man, thanks for the kind words!
The story has 2 layers, a more literal layer and a more spiritual layer. If you look at the story in a literal way, the main character is beamed up by aliens, only to find that he (his anchestors) is actually from that different planet, so he was actually the alien on earth and is now home.

The deeper meaning of this story is that the main character feels like he doesn't fit in the current society anymore. A society with lots of negativity (the black clouds, the inverted illumination), which also took the better of him in the past. He finds that every improvement starts with himself, find the things you love to do, don't worry too much about the past and the future as it is not yours to control. Don't give in too much to negativity, and in the end not even noticing his wife has been next to him all the time. He then finds that he is heading back on the right path of what he used to be (as a child) by letting go all of this.

Hope it makes sense! If there are still unanswered questions, let me know, I'll try to fill the gaps

Last edited by steeboo; 07-06-2018 at 08:11 AM..

------------------
Old 16-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 19560

That is super clever, really good stuff!

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #7
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 20560

Wow, amazing work! This is so good!

Last edited by Schnork; 20-02-2018 at 11:28 AM..

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #8
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 35510

Oh, I hadn’t seen this one till now!
Great stuff man, excellent blend of glitch and melody!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #9
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Cool, thanks jbvdb493!

------------------
Old 06-06-2018, 09:55 PM   #10
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster
Jibbertha möben has a spectacular aura aboutJibbertha möben has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I'm liking this a lot
Jibbertha möben is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #11
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Cheers Jibbertha möben, glad you found it

------------------
Old 07-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #12
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

This one is now finally up on spotify and dozens of other stores!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 07-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #13
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510

Steeboo, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pulsing sizzles in the background, and the atmosphere is delightfully dense.

I picked it up on Bandcamp, and I'm also stoked you have it on Spotify as well (I love Bandcamp, but Spotify is my standard mobile player).

Out of curiosity, do you have any video recordings of your work with the modular? I know it's nerdy, but it's something that's always fascinated me. I feel like it would make rad promo material, too.

Thanks for the fantastic listen!
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #14
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Cool thanks for the kind words BentAtoms! I actually have alot of nerdy videos There’s even a track from this album where I also recorded the video from: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Other vids are all on my youtube channel “SB-SIX”

------------------
Old 08-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #15
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeboo View Post
Cool thanks for the kind words BentAtoms! I actually have alot of nerdy videos There’s even a track from this album where I also recorded the video from: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Other vids are all on my youtube channel “SB-SIX”

Man, there is some pretty rad stuff in here! Thanks!
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:58 AM   #16
InDefianceOfGravity
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
InDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 18460

This is a very good album and you have a ton of interesting stuff on your YT channel. Sub'd! Keep up the good work.
InDefianceOfGravity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #17
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Cheers BentAtoms and iDoG! Glad you're enjoying it

------------------
Old 04-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #18
chrisHA
Minor Glitch
chrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nice
UK West Mids
MC Status: 410

nice modulation on the leads, some great variations. Good use of dynamics and mix sounds good.
Very Sci Fi style.

Well done on finishing No1
chrisHA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #19
palmspalms
Analog Lurker
palmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to behold
Lodz
MC Status: 660

Cool soundscapes - I do enjoy listening to this! Moonside of the dark is my favorite one. Good job and keep on doing this!

------------------
palmspalms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #20
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Cheers guys! I will keep doing this, there is actually already a new album up (The Switch). Tales was from last year already. Its up on spotify/bandcamp/itunes etc

Advertisements

------------------