What made you laugh today? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #101
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
Re: What made you laugh today?

Something a colleague at work shared with me:

Today is a good day. I just had a call from a telemarketer. Did I yell and scream at them, you ask? Certainly not. Like a good IT administrator I put my skills to use for their benefit. Here's how the conversation went:

Computer: "Press 9 to not be contacted in the future. Press 4 to speak to someone about your mortgage issues"
<presses 4>
TM: "Hello, are you having problems paying your mortgage?"
Me: "Hi, this is the IT department. We intercepted your call as we detected a problem with you phone and need to fix it."
TM: "Oh... ok, well what do we need to do?"
Me: "We're going to need to fix the settings by pressing 4-6-8 and * at the same time"
TM: "Ok, nothing happened."
<alright, so he's not using a Polycom>
Me: "Are you using the new Polycom phones that we deployed?"
TM: "No, it's a Yealink"
Me: "Ok, I see. You haven't had the new Polycom phone deployed to your desk yet. Let me check our technical documentations for the Yealink."
<did a quick Google search, "yealink phone factory reset">
Me: "Alright, do you see an "OK" button on your phone?"
TM: "Yes I do"
Me: "Alright, you're going to press and hold that button for 10 seconds."
TM: "OK, pressing it now"
Me: "Perfect, let me know if you get a password request"
TM: "OK, nothing has popped up ye----"
<click>

That's right. I made a telemarketer unwittingly factory reset his phone which means he will be unable to make anymore calls until someone is able to reconfigure his phone and that will take at least an hour or longer if they can't do it right away!

Last edited by professurreal; 07-08-2014 at 01:23 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #102
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89282223
Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,222 Posts

The UN.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #103
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

This has probably been posted but oh well.

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #104
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744053941
Thanked 7,732 Times in 4,765 Posts
Re: What made you laugh today? [possibly NSFW]

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Sencesor (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #105
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Wait, can I have two today?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #106
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post

Yeah I just saw this. Stupid video. At least it is free to Reason 7 users (only those who bought in July) however WHERE IS THE VST support? Why did they make a video about this, this is more like a fix, just make it 7.2 download on the website.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 07-08-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #107
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 81042050
Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,713 Posts

It's been raining the whole day today and yesterday and someone at the restaurant I work at was doing weather talk looking at the rain pouring down and the flooded pavement. I thought for a second that in the bible, when god decides to drown everybody and only warns Noe, nobody else knows about it. So I imagined all the people of the world doing weather talk "oh my ! I can't believe the weather ! It's like we're not going to have summer this year, are we ? I can't believe this is supposed to be august." and Noe building his ark somewhere in the mountains
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #108
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 81042050
Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,713 Posts

Quote:
reason 8
Is the joke that they advertise stuff that any daw does as if it was next-level ohmygod stuff ?
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #109
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Is the joke that they advertise stuff that any daw does as if it was next-level ohmygod stuff ?
Pretty much. It kind of pisses me off, who in the world are they aiming that at? Kids? It was head scratching like, really? Too lazy to make a real upgrade?

Edit: actually it looks like you do have to pay for it. Ridiculous.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 07-08-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #110
RaidenBeats
Not Alive; But Not Dead
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 42460

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post

Today is a good day. I just had a call from a telemarketer. Did I yell and scream at them, you ask? Certainly not. Like a good IT administrator I put my skills to use for their benefit. Here's how the conversation went:

Computer: "Press 9 to not be contacted in the future. Press 4 to speak to someone about your mortgage issues"
<presses 4>
Me: "Hi, this is the IT department. We intercepted your call as we detected a problem with you phone and need to fix it."
Me: "We're going to need to fix the settings by pressing 4-6-8 and * at the same time"
Me: "Ok, I see. You haven't had the new Polycom phone deployed to your desk yet. Let me check our technical documentations for the Yealink."
<click>

That's right. I made a telemarketer unwittingly factory reset his phone which means he will be unable to make anymore calls until someone is able to reconfigure his phone and that will take at least an hour or longer if they can't do it right away!

holy shit fucking bad ass as fuck!

------------------
Check out my youtube:

RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #111
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8590280
Thanked 7,987 Times in 5,609 Posts

Quote:

<presses 4>
<click>

That is incredibly epic.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:03 AM   #112
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:

<presses 4>
<click>

You are a true asshole but they deserved it. Fuck yeah!
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #113
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
TANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to behold
Melbourne
MC Status: 660

I was watching a train horn prank on youtube, some of the reactions were pretty damn good!
TANQIR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #114
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Just to be clear it wasn't actually me lol

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 AM   #115
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:

Yeah, at the moment, I'm with Muse on this. The lack of VST support has never bothered me about Reason.... but a big ol' meh to this regardless. Browser, facelift, a couple amp REs, same $129 upgrade. Should have been Reason 7.5.

"Oh, but you can double-click to add notes to the piano roll now!" Piss off.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #116
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
Yeah, at the moment, I'm with Muse on this. The lack of VST support has never bothered me about Reason.... but a big ol' meh to this regardless. Browser, facelift, a couple amp REs, same $129 upgrade. Should have been Reason 7.5.

"Oh, but you can double-click to add notes to the piano roll now!" Piss off.
Yeah, I don't hate on people for using whatever DAW they like or want to.
I used Reason up to 3 I think, it's just the marketing.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #117
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45979998
Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,110 Posts

http://www.idmforums.com/member.php?u=127560

welcome newest member!

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
thom (09-08-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #118
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Fuel stolen from pipeline under Deputy PM's Kent residence.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #119
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
TANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to behold
Melbourne
MC Status: 660

Was at a club and did a 3 way kiss with 2 sluts, didnt know i was capable!
TANQIR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #120
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 190660
Thanked 3,813 Times in 2,254 Posts

Lmfao

Also, the closest real word there is to Lmfao, according to my phone, is "plywood".

Advertisements

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
lolirl (09-08-2014)