Things that piss you off the most - Page 891
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 30-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #17801
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283184
Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,759 Posts
Re: Things that piss you off the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mystik_ View Post
it could be the graphics card actually, when you move the cursor, does it lag at all? and do the colors look kinda funky? my old laptop fried the graphics card, and thats pretty much what happened to it. the graphics started looking really funky, then the screen faded white and started fading different colors slowly, kind of like a lava lamp haha. however it could be a number of problems really, might just be getting slow.
yeah i think youre actually on to something there tbh man. fuck.

also this really is the biggest and scariest downer you can get:

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #17802
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8565580
Thanked 7,493 Times in 5,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo Tull View Post
Seamus Heaney is dead. At 74. One of the greatest poets of our time, at 74.
He did a presentation in Paris in June while I was in London, I was eager to look for his next appearance.

This is a moronic day.

He died "following a short illness".

This is a moronic day.

Fuck.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...4-8791324.html
That is some shit man....Seamus Heaney will be missed for sure!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #17803
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110750
Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mystik_ View Post
lead synth/piano part for marching band at my school,

Please explain this further (I was in a marching band ages ago as well). We certainly didn't have any synths or pianos.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #17804
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 11210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Please explain this further (I was in a marching band ages ago as well). We certainly didn't have any synths or pianos.
im in the pit, and he heard i did synth stuff so he wanted to try synth in the pit.

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #17805
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110750
Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,420 Posts

Ah ok you guys play in stadium. Do you have a different instrument for parades?
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #17806
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 11210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Ah ok you guys play in stadium. Do you have a different instrument for parades?
i dont believe the pit plays in parades, i think only the battery does. i know the battery did one parade before the start of all band rehearsals. as far as i know the pit is only at games and competitions we havent done any performances yet though, its just been rehearsals all summer before the start of the football season.

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to _Mystik_
Oatbag (31-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #17807
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcheesehead View Post
I really think my fucking generation is going to be the laughing stock of years to come. I find it sad that some kids say that rather have the government invest more in prisons than in education......That just really fucking pathetic. It's funny though I bet they don't realize that America is falling behind in education immensely. Like at this point in my life I can't have a decent argument with kids online because they say:

"It's to long to read"

or

"You going to hard"

If they can't read a fucking paragraph how are they expected to write a resume or finish a college paper. I might be worrying about the future a little too much but, at this point I'm hoping the kids I hang around get more mature during 11th and 12th....or maybe I just take shit too seriously.
I do agree that we should be spending more on education than imprisonment, and also that locking non-violent criminals in a cage with murderers, rapists, and other psychotic idiots is fucked up.

But, the US's education isn't actually falling behind other countries. If you get statistics for the entire country it can look like that but you have to remember that every other country on the list ahead of us is around the size of 1 state here..

and there are individual states that are as highly ranked as anywhere else in the world.

side note, Florida is not one of them.

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #17808
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
Djcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond repute
New York City
MC Status: 9310

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
I do agree that we should be spending more on education than imprisonment, and also that locking non-violent criminals in a cage with murderers, rapists, and other psychotic idiots is fucked up.

But, the US's education isn't actually falling behind other countries. If you get statistics for the entire country it can look like that but you have to remember that every other country on the list ahead of us is around the size of 1 state here..

and there are individual states that are as highly ranked as anywhere else in the world.

side note, Florida is not one of them.
Yeah but when we keep shoving standardize test and no results come it makes us question the way we learn. We should really look at how Finland educates their students. IMO it's far more better than whatever america would think of. In NY they are comming up with a new education standard called the Common Core. They are making students fail on purpose by making shit harder causing damage if they were ever able to apply to college. It so fucking pathetic it's like they are just making us all fail so we can all be sent to jail.......

and boy don't get me started on the gender bias teachers have against boys.
Djcheesehead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #17809
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ

Quote:
Yeah but when we keep shoving standardize test and no results come it makes us question the way we learn. We should really look at how Finland educates their students. IMO it's far more better than whatever america would think of. In NY they are comming up with a new education standard called the Common Core. They are making students fail on purpose by making shit harder causing damage if they were ever able to apply to college. It so fucking pathetic it's like they are just making us all fail so we can all be sent to jail.......

ha, one of those 'back in my day' moments but when i was a teenager i recall being bullied and getting my ass kicked for being intelligent and knowing how to use computers..

how things have changed!

but as i recall the school system in the US isn't actually meant to educate anyone. it's to help the average shine (though it dulls the brilliant...), and teach you how to be complacent and easier for future employers to deal with.

more than half of the millionaires and billionaires dropped out of high school or college..

I think the real reason the education system is screwed up is most of the US textbooks are printed in Texas and that state has a huge pull in what kids in this country learn..

------------------
Old 31-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #17810
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
Djcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond repute
New York City

Quote:
ha, one of those 'back in my day' moments but when i was a teenager i recall being bullied and getting my ass kicked for being intelligent and knowing how to use computers..

how things have changed!

but as i recall the school system in the US isn't actually meant to educate anyone. it's to help the average shine (though it dulls the brilliant...), and teach you how to be complacent and easier for future employers to deal with.

more than half of the millionaires and billionaires dropped out of high school or college..

I think the real reason the education system is screwed up is most of the US textbooks are printed in Texas and that state has a huge pull in what kids in this country learn..
Yes, sadly it's the truth education kills are forms of creativity what so ever. This really makes me want to push into a career of music production. Still the music industry being competitive I think the only job that might make me happy is aero space engineering or what not.

I remember watching a ted talk and remember some guy said that "We are educating our kids to college professors" and I think in this era it's true.
Old 31-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #17811
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Yes, sadly it's the truth education kills are forms of creativity what so ever. This really makes me want to push into a career of music production. Still the music industry being competitive I think the only job that might make me happy is aero space engineering or what not.

I remember watching a ted talk and remember some guy said that "We are educating our kids to college professors" and I think in this era it's true.
personally i think the television and limelight bullshit is making people dumber, and almost everyone in the media is really irresponsible and just rushing full-speed from one thing to the next without considering what their 'programming' is doing to society..

someone said that people weren't being brainwashed the other day but they totally are. they get you through the things that you like..but it could be said that this is the real evil of capitalist society, everything good turns into something bad because middlemen and bankers get involved, and if 'demand' is high enough terrible terrible shit always happens in fulfilling the demand..like juicing up pigs and chickens with steroids or genetically altered seeds in farming. This is also wildly irresponsible..

The schools are in an odd position because they have to educate young people in such a confusing and rapidly changing world.

but education is becoming a less valuable commodity anyways..the point of school was college but a lot of those degrees are becoming kinda useless when you consider that people with advanced college degrees are a dime a dozen due to the population out-pacing the growth of the economy and there being more people than jobs. the whole 'putting kids through college' is a fairly recent trend also..in the 50s or 60s you could get a job at a factory or drug store that would pay enough to provide you with a home and car..

and does everyone need education, when you really get down to it..we will always need people for simple jobs, cashiers and dry cleaners..it is more about whether jobs that are 'unimportant' pay a living wage or...minimum wage. many people are fine doing these things and could care less for school or any of that..

------------------
Old 31-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #17812
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
New York City

Quote:
personally i think the television and limelight bullshit is making people dumber, and almost everyone in the media is really irresponsible and just rushing full-speed from one thing to the next without considering what their 'programming' is doing to society..

someone said that people weren't being brainwashed the other day but they totally are. they get you through the things that you like..but it could be said that this is the real evil of capitalist society, everything good turns into something bad because middlemen and bankers get involved, and if 'demand' is high enough terrible terrible shit always happens in fulfilling the demand..like juicing up pigs and chickens with steroids or genetically altered seeds in farming. This is also wildly irresponsible..

The schools are in an odd position because they have to educate young people in such a confusing and rapidly changing world.
We are forcing society to be within the norms of what the bankers want. I also heard somewhere that with estrogen intakes in food increasing we are slowly feminizing men to the point where the penis wouldn't work anymore for them. It is some creepy ass stuff and makes you wonder whats really inside the food you eat.

Quote:
but education is becoming a less valuable commodity anyways..the point of school was college but a lot of those degrees are becoming kinda useless when you consider that people with advanced college degrees are a dime a dozen due to the population out-pacing the growth of the economy and there being more people than jobs. the whole 'putting kids through college' is a fairly recent trend also..in the 50s or 60s you could get a job at a factory or drug store that would pay enough to provide you with a home and car..

and does everyone need education, when you really get down to it..we will always need people for simple jobs, cashiers and dry cleaners..it is more about whether jobs that are 'unimportant' pay a living wage or...minimum wage. many people are fine doing these things and could care less for school or any of that..

I think college has a big ass monopoly when it comes to jobs. You get in debt for the of your life just to work a 9-5 job it's depressing. I wish I had some amazing idea to be a millionaire but sadly I have no such thing in my possession as of now.
Old 31-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #17813
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 41760

when people talk about media brainwashing people. we all know its happening and there is no way to stop it, just dont pay attention to it.

------------------
Im looking for people to collaborate with on artistic projects. I am currently looking for a couple artists who can draw very well that want to work on a comic book
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RaidenBeats
hellscion (31-08-2013)
Old 31-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #17814
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
New York City

Who's to say we ourselves aren't brainwashed right now at this very moment. Maybe we are brainwashed to think we are brainwashed to ignore the bigger picture.
Thanks to Djcheesehead
hellscion (31-08-2013)
Old 31-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #17815
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69760
Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,034 Posts

Quote:
Who's to say we ourselves aren't brainwashed right now at this very moment. Maybe we are brainwashed to think we are brainwashed to ignore the bigger picture.
dolphins are aliens wot.

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Skrillex
lolirl (31-08-2013)
Old 31-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #17816
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947981
Thanked 5,796 Times in 3,640 Posts

Can't win em all amirite? At this point you can't win at all, I guess.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #17817
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

although i didn't finish high school and you would expect me to say something like that :ph34r:

------------------
Old 31-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #17818
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Can't win em all amirite? At this point you can't win at all, I guess.

If we rise up the ranks of Goldman Sachs anythings possible....
Old 31-08-2013, 02:23 AM   #17819
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.
MC Status: 421877929
Thanked 4,999 Times in 2,889 Posts

Live in Japan, and then see if you can still complain about US education.....

Quote:
Maybe at your school, but stop with the female generalizations, please.

Quote:
I also heard somewhere that with estrogen intakes in food increasing we are slowly feminizing men to the point where the penis wouldn't work anymore for them.
Look. I'm really sorry girls don't want to fuck you. Don't worry. You'll get a chance to fuck when you get a bit older. All 15 year olds want to fuck, for the most part. I'm sorry females intimidate you so much. I'm sorry you're such a poor, oppressed 15 year old boy living in this evil, matriarchal society.

The first time I tried to kiss my future-wife, she completely rejected me. God, what bitches girls are.

Might want to Sort out your handguns with the opposite sex,or you're not gonna be having better luck with them in the future.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
RaidenBeats (31-08-2013)
Old 31-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #17820
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Live in Japan, and then see if you can still complain about US education.....

Maybe at your school, but stop with the female generalizations, please.
I wish I was joking around but this was a collective study down by many different types of people.

http://www.pbs.org/parents/raisingboys/school02.html

http://ideas.time.com/2013/02/06/do-...-against-boys/

I tend try not to make generalization (except in cases I get a little angry due to realationships).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Look. I'm really sorry girls don't want to fuck you. Don't worry. You'll get a chance to fuck when you get a bit older. All 15 year olds want to fuck, for the most part. I'm sorry females intimidate you so much. I'm sorry you're such a poor, oppressed 15 year old boy living in this evil, matriarchal society.

The first time I tried to kiss my future-wife, she completely rejected me. God, what bitches girls are.

Might want to Sort out your handguns with the opposite sex,or you're not gonna be having better luck with them in the future.
I was kinda of over exaggerating on the estrogen is feminizing society but it's actually does grealty damage men.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/...ng-Male_01.htm

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013...trial-in-texas

I know both the things I say may sound like it's because of my femaleless background. But, in know way was I putting anger towards the opposite gender towards my lack of attractiveness.....I really don't care at this point. I just love discussing the facts about a lot of shit I tied and these two seemed to tie right into the topics we were discussing.

Advertisements