[electrorock w/ vox and guitars] Make Me Happy
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
carlgrace
Knob Twiddler
carlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MC
San Francisco
MC Status: 14069
[electrorock w/ vox and guitars] Make Me Happy

The synth sounds are all from the new ReDominator Juno Alpha emulator synth available for Reason.

Make You Happy

I used to text you after work
Just to see where you were at
Youíd say you were with the girls
And youíd see me after that

You were over at his place
As a matter of fact
I donít like getting played
But Iím a bigger man than that

I hope he makes you happy
I donít care
That you broke my heart

I hope he makes you happy
But donít come back
When it falls apart

I took you out to meet my friends
They thought you were pretty cool
But now you played me out
Made me look like a fool

The sweet words you used to say
No, they didnít mean a thing

Advertisements

carlgrace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [electrorock w/ vox and guitars] Make Me Happy.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
arpeggio_junkie
Soundscaper
arpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of light
San Diego, California
MC Status: 510
Re: [electrorock w/ vox and guitars] Make Me Happy

Wow, did you write and record these vocals? Good shit -- but they seem too loud. I dig the TB-XXX-esque bass. This would be more danceable if you beefed up the kick. I love power-chords in techno, but at that point the song sounds too rocky for my taste. Riff at 1:45 is cool that you used it instead of a snare or whatever analog drum. I didn't like the chorus you added to the vocals around 2:35. The alternating drops around 2:45 didn't seem to fit; too abrupt and too short. Not enough sexual innuendos in your lyrics.

Advertisements

arpeggio_junkie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote