[chill] envelope 3 -outsides
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 10610
[chill] envelope 3 -outsides

Total work in progress. Can feel it coming together but would love some feedback

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapat

Advertisements

envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [chill] envelope 3 -outsides.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32910
Re: [chill] envelope 3 -outsides

Very nice vibes and ambiance for sure.
Needs a bit more of a direction to keep the listener engaged imo, but def a great idea, let us know where you go with it.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

I dig it, the soft pads early on in the background give it a really full landscape. When the drums come in fully, the song really evolves deeper. Sounds very clean all the way through. Maybe the arpeggiated bass line can come through a little heavier, but honestly it's hard to give advice on a track like this without being an engineering expert. Sounds like your composition is on point, and the song is working.

The only thing I hear to work on is bringing up some voices and placing them among the mix. Around 4 minutes in I'm getting some interesting stereo ear-experience. Almost as if it started off a little too-panned (on the left) but it seems to balance out.

Just small things though really, sounds like you have an amazing grasp on what you're trying to create. Great job.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #4
leegendmusic
Minor Glitch
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post

The only thing I hear to work on is bringing up some voices and placing them among the mix. Around 4 minutes in I'm getting some interesting stereo ear-experience. Almost as if it started off a little too-panned (on the left) but it seems to balance out.
Only thing that bugged me was the panning like what he said exactly, but all in all a very chill ambiance feeling for sure.
leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MC
ottawa

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

embedding is my weakness

New version with an ending. getting there!
Old 18-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7660

Hi there E3,

Nice, chill track..there is an awkward pause right around 3 minutes...I would clear that up. Otherwise no particular critique, nice work.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 06:12 AM   #7
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387

Awesome track! I'm loving the atmosphere that the vocals and pads bring to it. The drums are nice and punchy and carry the rhythm nicely throughout.

There are two suggestions that I could make, though these are both purely personal preference. The open hats on the drums sound a little ringy to me. I'm not sure if that's just my monitors though. I would consider taming it back somewhere between 8k-16k.

The other suggestion is for the bass. I love the sound of it. Nice and crunchy but still rounded. It has such a good 'oomph' when it's down low but when it moves the higher arpeggiated section it looses some of that. I understand that the arp is important as it drives the melody so I'm not sure what the remedy is. The first time I listened to it and the bass dropped back down at 3:19 I thought "Oooooh yeah." maybe you could add a drum fill or sweep into that lower section, and then continue it layered underneath the higher bass that comes back at 3:38? I'm not sure.

I especially love the last section (3:57 onward). It sounds super full without being muddy and everything gels well. All in all this is a beautiful track. I think you could easily call it finished as is. Well done!

Last edited by Kaiuna; 19-01-2018 at 06:18 AM..
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #8
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm going to look at all that stuff on my next revision. Getting closer.

Advertisements