Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 17-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #141
eOnic
IDMf Artist
eOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond reputeeOnic has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 5815
Re: Anyone play 40k?

yeah thats what meant horus heresy, just wondering where it starts. when im at the looking through the books its not to obvious.

Advertisements

eOnic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #142
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42415649
Thanked 5,633 Times in 3,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eOnic View Post
yeah thats what meant horus heresy, just wondering where it starts. when im at the looking through the books its not to obvious.
Not sure myself. However I've got some friends that aren't allowed out unaccompanied, I'll ask them

------------------
2nd Aug 2018, your audio dreams come true:

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #143
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud of
Glasgow
MC Status: 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by eOnic View Post
why not scour the lexicanum?

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 06:37 AM   #144
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Icon6 Re: Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing?

I invented a chess derivative called TachChess in which the pawns rotate and the queens teleport.

Will be uploaded to my website in the next few weeks (link on profile)

NO BISHOPS
rmedhurst is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #145
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
Re: Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing?

Look what's coming out this summer:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Jim Henson's Labyrinth Boardgame

As you can see from the models, David Bowie has a huge unit. As is appropriate.

------------------

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Old 21-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #146
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to beholdrmedhurst is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

My mistake it's up there now link on profile

You can only play human vs human.

A PDF is included which explains the basics of the rules, the rest (eg. powerups) you will have to work out for yourselves.
rmedhurst is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #147
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Wizzy hit Lvl12. So we're all doing our character admin and sorting out stuff for the next level.

Disintigrate. One of the most powerful single target spells in the game all by itself.

Amped it up by choosing the Mythic version.

GM rofl'd for some time at the indulgent pointlessness of it.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is always just the right amount of kill

Some new toys as well, like a Metamagic Rod of Quickening.

So basically my wizzy is now a Gatling Gun on a magic carpet.

Its taken us a year and a half to get this far. We are very casual and some evenings we just end up chatting and having a laugh rather than getting on with nerd-gaming. So for a little while we're parking Pathfinder now we've completed 'Wrath of the Righteous'. I think the next campaign for us is the Shadow Isles, or something like that.

Meantime, looking into playing something else for a bit of contrast. Possibly Traveller or Dark Heresy or some such.

------------------

Old 09-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #148
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

A nice prezzy arrived this morning, Star Wars The Card Game

Think Magic The Gathering set in Star Wars universe but without the nasty random card thing going on.

Full tutorial, including intro to what the game's about:

------------------

Old 09-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #149
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
A nice prezzy arrived this morning, Star Wars The Card Game
One of FF's Living Card Games? Nice. I'm still hooked on Netrunner. I don't play it too often, but me and my girlfriend will still play a few rounds if we're just sitting around sometimes.

Last edited by candlesayshi; 02-11-2016 at 10:17 PM..

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #150
fieldsofgrief
Granular Poster
fieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

I've been playing LOOPING LOUIE quite a lot which is a simple and funny game to play in a party setting. Other than that I've been looking forward to play Modern Art and Galaxy Trucker again. I've just been too lazy to set the games up!
fieldsofgrief is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #151
fieldsofgrief
Granular Poster
fieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to allfieldsofgrief is a name known to all

Aargh I love 40k but it's so damn expensive and time consuming that I can't even consider starting it again from scratch!!
Old 05-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #152
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud ofLawrenceL342 has much to be proud of
Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofgrief View Post
Aargh I love 40k but it's so damn expensive and time consuming that I can't even consider starting it again from scratch!!
what army do/did you collect?

------------------
Old 06-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #153
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Played some games today:

Code:
Code:
It's a great game. It is based on the same system that they made for Marvel. It is cooperative but its very finely balanced so you need your shit together. We didn't beat the game in the two we played. I think I will be asking for the Predator version for a prezzy later in the year.

A Fake Artist Goes To new York

Anti-Pictionary. Hilarious. Can't recommend this enough.

Avalon. Great arguing social experiment fun. Tbh I prefer One Night Ultimate Werewolf but this was still much giggles. Need 5+ for any kind of decent go at it.

Code:

------------------

Old 07-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #154
fieldsofgrief
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceL342 View Post
what army do/did you collect?
I used to collect Imperial Guard when I was really young. Didn't ever play with them though, I just enjoyed painting them a lot haha. Also used to have Dark Eldar back before they got the update and now I have some CSM lying around somewhere but if my memory serves me correctly they're in pretty bad shape. I'd love to get an army of Sisters of Battle going but they're pretty hard to come by.

How about you?
Old 07-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #155
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
Glasgow

Quote:
I used to collect Imperial Guard when I was really young. Didn't ever play with them though, I just enjoyed painting them a lot haha. Also used to have Dark Eldar back before they got the update and now I have some CSM lying around somewhere but if my memory serves me correctly they're in pretty bad shape. I'd love to get an army of Sisters of Battle going but they're pretty hard to come by.

How about you?
Well when I was a kid I was mad about Tyranids, much like you I never had battles with them or anything, mostly had them for the collecting aspect, I stopped doing it for a few years then last year someone gave me the Dark Vengeance starter pack thing for free, I already had some dark angels from years ago so I started up again, I now have about 2200 pts of Dark Angels

------------------
Thanks to LawrenceL342
fieldsofgrief (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #156
fieldsofgrief
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceL342 View Post
Well when I was a kid I was mad about Tyranids, much like you I never had battles with them or anything, mostly had them for the collecting aspect, I stopped doing it for a few years then last year someone gave me the Dark Vengeance starter pack thing for free, I already had some dark angels from years ago so I started up again, I now have about 2200 pts of Dark Angels
I should probably get back into it too but just be more patient this time. Wouldn't mind starting out with one of those starter packs! Or maybe I should try some of the tabletop 40k stuff or other strategy games as at the moment 40k might be the one thing that would tip my life out of balance hahaha...
Old 07-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #157
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
Glasgow

Quote:
I should probably get back into it too but just be more patient this time. Wouldn't mind starting out with one of those starter packs! Or maybe I should try some of the tabletop 40k stuff or other strategy games as at the moment 40k might be the one thing that would tip my life out of balance hahaha...
haha thats fair enough, however you can get some pretty good deals on independent retailers like dark sphere or if youre good with ebay

------------------
Old 08-08-2016, 07:18 AM   #158
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
I think I will be asking for the Predator version for a prezzy later in the year.
If based on the same system, do they work together? Kind of like how in the old PnP White Wolf RPGs like Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse were based on the same system so you could play them together if you wanted.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:46 AM   #159
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20860

I really loved playing settlers of catan when I was younger...

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #160
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
If based on the same system, do they work together? Kind of like how in the old PnP White Wolf RPGs like Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse were based on the same system so you could play them together if you wanted.
I'm told you can combine them, yeh. I suspect you'd have to be quite experienced to make it all work as its fair intricate just with the basic Alien game on its own.

One of the things in the Predator version that isn't possible in Alien is that you can play against each other. In that scenario, each player is a Predator trying to collect the most human kills.

Advertisements

------------------