Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 27-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #61
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42415749
Thanked 5,635 Times in 3,659 Posts
Re: Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing?

OK a few games in, Coup is hilarious. So much bastardly fun

Advertisements

------------------
2nd Aug 2018, your audio dreams come true:

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Chozo Tull (16-01-2015)
Old 16-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #62
Kemono
Granular Poster
Kemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310

I've started playing some Android - Netrunner with my girlfriend.
I was looking for 2 player games and was going to get Blue Moon legends,
but they were sold out, so I ended up getting this one instead.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Kemono is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kemono
candlesayshi (16-01-2015)
Old 16-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #63
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemono View Post

Code:
What do you think of it?

------------------

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Old 16-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #64
Kemono
Granular Poster
Kemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310

Should probably have written that in the first post but,

Its good, I'd prefer to play that instead of magic the gathering.
But its suffering from what I call "the Fantasy Flight manual syndrom",
some of the rules are lacking further explanation and are up for interpretation.
So I've had to google several of them.

I think maybe it is better played with 2 very competitive players though,
that is willing to put some serious time into deckbuidling.
Kemono is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kemono
Roo Stercogburn (16-01-2015)
Old 16-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #65
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemono View Post

Code:
Fuck yeah!

Love Netrunner.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #66
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Finally, Xcom boardgame has arrived.

Code:
I've spent the last couple of hours learning the setup and basic gameplay.

The game supports Android as well as iOS, so I was able to get the app from Google Play without any hassle. If you want to check it out, search on Play for 'xcom tbg' and you can get a look at it, as well as the instructions and tutorial. Unusually, the box contains no instructions, just the basic setup. You get all the instructions from playing the tutorial on the app.

Its brutal and the odds are not in your favour. Failure of any type is penalised, from failing dice rolls to taking too long on the timed rounds to not managing your funds correctly.

For example, if the various departments spend more money than was in the Commander's budget for that round, the panic track increases by 1 for every 'coin' you were over-budget. You could potentially lose the game just by not managing your cash.

If you failed to kill the all UFOs in orbit, the app will also mess with your head by presenting stuff in the wrong order in the next round.

First impression is very good. At this early stage I am not disappointed and looking forward to playing this with friends.

------------------

Old 03-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #67
Praqzis
Minor Glitch
Praqzis is a glorious beacon of lightPraqzis is a glorious beacon of lightPraqzis is a glorious beacon of lightPraqzis is a glorious beacon of lightPraqzis is a glorious beacon of light
Seattle, WA
MC Status: 460

Recently, I've been playing Forbidden Desert with my kids and wife. It's from the same designer as Forbidden Island and Pandemic. I really like it so far. It's like a slightly-more difficult Forbidden Island. Anybody who has played Forbidden Island will recognize many of the mechanics. But it adds some twists here and there.

Tons of fun!

I've also been going back and playing Ticket to Ride: Europe with my son. I like the small additions to TTR: Europe compared to the original (like ferries, tunnels, and train stations).
Praqzis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 AM   #68
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Finally, Xcom boardgame has arrived.

Code:
Fuck yeah!

I just picked this up the other day, too. Played a couple rounds with my girlfriend. Game is definitely brutal. Lesson learned from the first time we went over budget. There was a clear feeling of "oh fuck" riding on the air.

First impressions are really good here, too. Can't wait to get all my friends together for it.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
Roo Stercogburn (03-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #69
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Since good old pen 'n' paper RPGs make their way into this thread, seems a good place to post this:

http://lifehacker.com/the-surprising...how-1684582789

------------------

Old 19-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #70
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

3rd Pathfinder session. My mage seems to spend most of each fight unconscious and trying not to bleed out

The Roll20 website has built in comms (both voice and webcam) and some nice mapping stuff. It even has the ability for you to load soundfiles from Soundcloud that get streamed to each of the players to provide background atmosphere. Pretty cool nerd fun.

------------------

Old 15-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #71
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Pathfinder is a hoot. Using the Roll20.net website we have video conferencing, interactive maps and lots of mayhem. We've got a really good GM. Some of the fights are brutal but because its an actual human running the whole thing, there's lots of opportunities for sideways thinking with a decent response.

Very chilled-out gaming but would not suit anyone who wants fast-moving pew pew. Only a few fights per session because each is pretty detailed and its all about communication between the players, while describing stuff and working things out.

Good times, very true to traditional p'n'p.

My character remains pretty useless At lvl3 starting to do a few minor bits of damage but mostly I'm trying to come up with ways to use very weak wizard spells to hinder and confound, rather than pew pew nukage. I know that if I can keep my goon alive to a higher level wizzies become crazily formidable. I kinda like the weak feeble scratchy-head thinky thinky though

------------------

Old 22-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #72
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Arrived in post today:

Code:
Its something to play with the straights.

------------------

Old 22-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #73
Nagobot
Regular Freak
Nagobot is a glorious beacon of lightNagobot is a glorious beacon of lightNagobot is a glorious beacon of lightNagobot is a glorious beacon of lightNagobot is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post

Its something to play with the straights.
I WANT THAT.
RIGHT NOW.
Misanthropy rlz.

About to enter a dota 2 match btw.
Nagobot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #74
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 22310

does cards against humanity count?
just got all decks and th
the bigger blacker box
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #75
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

Been hooked on the ios version of Suburbia, thinking about buying the game.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #76
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Ok D&Ders, this will help you add realism to your sessions when you encounter a wandering monster:

d20 table: Why monsters wander

http://www.rolang.com/archives/331

d20 Table: Why monsters wander
roll d20 Why
1 visiting relatives
2 on walkabout or quest
3 abandoned by a travelling circus (or perhaps it ate the circus)
4 migration
5 must return to ancestral breeding grounds
6 must return to ancestral dying grounds
7 hunting
8 a pet
9 a guard
10 fell through portal
11 drawn here by special item
12 adopted by one of the expected denizens
13 lost. totally lost
14 this species has been here all along. the world changed (see: Nessie)
15 this dungeon was a zoo once
16 this monster is worshipped by a local tribe, who goes to extraordinary efforts to keep them alive in this climate and breed them.
17 this form is a strange intermediate growth stage
18 it’s a mechanical copy
19 cloning. the wizard Freamon is up to his old tricks.
20 native fauna was polymorphed into this form (perhaps a mass polymorph bomb was set off, explaining many out of place wandering monsters)

------------------

Old 25-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #77
Icoste
IDMf's latest spammer
Icoste is currently spamming hard
Grasse
MC Status: 10

I love tabletop RPG I made one of myself, which I share on the French web around the theme of... Pokemon. Childish? Maybe. Fun? I remember sharing good moments with this amateur RPG!

Every week, I play Anima: Beyond Fantasy and Vampire: The Masquerade with a couple friends of mine. Anybody looking for a good Japanese-oriented high fantasy RPG should try Anima, though it's a bit complex, way too many tables! As a GM, I make the choice to interpret scenes instead of rolling dice every other second. Maybe a Vampire "Storyteller" habit...
Icoste is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:38 AM   #78
Sennheiserbush
Minor Glitch
Sennheiserbush is just really niceSennheiserbush is just really niceSennheiserbush is just really niceSennheiserbush is just really nice
California
MC Status: 360

The game of LIFE, literally and figuratively.
Sennheiserbush is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:30 AM   #79
Stereo Surgeon
Savage Mad Cunt
Stereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MC
Bumblefuck, GA
MC Status: 12606224

Quarto
Starwars Chess
Middle earth Risk
chess
Used to play 40k

------------------
Stereo Surgeon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 AM   #80
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 48360

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
does cards against humanity count?
just got all decks and th
the bigger blacker box
Cards Against Humanity is excellent once you get a bunch of expansion packs. Otherwise, you run across the same card combinations a lot and the jokes get stale. It's funny, but the kid version is called Apples to Apples and my daughter loves it. We however try to make the stupidest combinations that make us laugh, not the most logical ones. She will love CAH one day, I can tell.

Advertisements

Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote