Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 20-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #41
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11410
Re: Tabletop and traditional games - What are you playing?

Homebrew RPG based on AD&D 2nd Edition and one based on AD&D and Warhammer Fantasy RP.

Advertisements

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #42
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42415849
Thanked 5,637 Times in 3,661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefish View Post
Homebrew RPG based on AD&D 2nd Edition and one based on AD&D and Warhammer Fantasy RP.
Adventure modules from one adapted for another?

------------------
2nd Aug 2018, your audio dreams come true:

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #43
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Settlers of Catan
Carcassonne
Dominion
7 Wonders
Ticket to Ride
and a few more depending on what we feel like. Between a few friends of mine we have a pretty huge collection of board games

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #44
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Adventure modules from one adapted for another?
Nah we don't use modules. The whole idea was to start from scratch with no books.

My system started out as a very simple version of AD&D created from memory (havn't played with a real DM who read the books & knows the actual rules for over 10 years) because I wanted to introduce a friend to RPGing.
That was a few years ago and now it kinda mutated into it's own thing (it uses a d12 rather than d20 solely for the reason that I got a big bag of d12 for cheap - I adjusted the whole system around that) and the other guy now also plays WFRP so he combined ideas from that with the bastardisation of D&D I planted into his mind.

Sadly we don't get to play nearly regularly enough - sometimes we play several times in a single week, sometimes several months without a singe session. It's tough getting the group together when everyone has GFs, jobs and so on...

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #45
whynoteggs
Minor Glitch
whynoteggs will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

tl;dr @ Topic I was playing computer games but I'm trying to quit them in favor of other pursuits

So I don't really play games recently.
whynoteggs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #46
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynoteggs View Post
tl;dr @ Topic I was playing computer games but I'm trying to quit them in favor of other pursuits

So I don't really play games recently.
You won't find I often lash out at people around here but really starting with "tl;dr @ Topic" marks you as a twat upping their post count.

------------------

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Old 22-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #47
whynoteggs
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
You won't find I often lash out at people around here but really starting with "tl;dr @ Topic" marks you as a twat upping their post count.
That is what happens when I reply to a thread. You are correct in that aspect.

edit: And what it should have said was tl;dr.

@topic: I was playing computer games, but I decided to try to quit in favor of other pursuits.

Last edited by whynoteggs; 22-07-2014 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: more clarity
Old 22-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #48
scyn
IDMf Artist
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883006
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynoteggs View Post
@topic: I was playing computer games, but I decided to try to quit in favor of other pursuits.
This thread has nothing to do with computer games . Reading is important.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #49
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
Necromancy.

Roommate gave me this game recently, and it's pretty fun.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
It's not too elaborate or competitive, and it plays pretty fast. So, it makes for a nice fun casual game to set up with a couple friends and some drinks.
Was looking back through the thread to remember what's been in here, and I noticed this. I thought that I would remark on it again, because I recently returned to it remembering it was a simple laidback game. I have some quick thoughts:

Do not buy this game.

The pixel art is cute and it has a pretty fun theme, and you may be tempted with the cool Nintendo cartridge look of the box. However, once you get past the stage where everyone understands the rules, you are going to come up with a pretty big problem: There's not much of a game there. There's nearly no interaction between players outside of a few of the spells, and because you only ever get spells very, very rarely, more often than not you're playing the game by yourself. All the other players are also playing their own games by themselves. It's just plain not fun, and far from living up to the promise of its theme.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #50
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Code:
GAH! I can't wait!

Code:

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
lolirl (09-08-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #51
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 186210
Thanked 3,724 Times in 2,207 Posts

We all have some weird mental condition...

Mine is an inability to take pleasure in playing board games, pool, cards, bowling too.

I'll play darts any fucking day tho.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #52
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Imperial Assault

This looks very much like a Star Wars version of Space Crusade and is due out next year:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=4994

Code:

Code:
WANT!

------------------

Old 19-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #53
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Code:
D & D 5th edition rules. Playing by Skype (with webcams) and using the Roll20 website for the dice stuff and basic map drawing.

Interestingly, showing the players maps is now discouraged because it is becoming too much of a board-game and some players are always trying to count tiles and get away with game mechanics rather than role-playing the situation.

Although everyone playing is very experienced at RP, we went with this because its been a while and they've really done a great job of streamlining the rules. You can pick it up as you play without too much prep.

You can use pre-made characters straight out of the box. We've done a hybrid thing with character generation, so we've used the stats on the character sheets but tweaked the story.

So I got the High Elf wizzy. Background sheet says, tall, slim, elegant, etc.

Naturally I had to make him a grossly overweight slob, with one scorched and mangled ear and an addiction to pastries.

Glan D'alf.

Very impressed with the 5th edition rules, even with a very small skill-set at Lvl1, a wizzy can do quite a bit of stuff.

Charm Person followed by Shocking Grasp is never getting old any time soon, "Let me shake your hand, friend."

------------------

Old 20-09-2014, 03:18 AM   #54
whynoteggs
Minor Glitch

If I were to play one it would be Candyland. No, I am not a pedophile. And Monopoly is for pain freaks. Unless you're wrinning. But no one wins at Monopoly, come on.
Old 20-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #55
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

Waiting for a pathfinder campaign to pick up, and would like to set up some indie/one shot rpg nights with friends (fiasco, vast and starlit, cosmic patrol ...)

As far as boardgames go I'm enjoying the shit out of Ascension and Neuroshima Hex on my iPad.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #56
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

For anyone having trouble in D & D, some handy cheat codes:

http://www.dorkly.com/post/25856/dun...ns-cheat-codes

------------------

Old 29-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #57
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 186210
Thanked 3,724 Times in 2,207 Posts

I have a dice that I roll once in a while just to see if I guessed right.
That's as far as my board gaming goes.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #58
SiaKo
Granular Poster
SiaKo is a jewel in the roughSiaKo is a jewel in the roughSiaKo is a jewel in the roughSiaKo is a jewel in the rough
Austin, TX
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
I have a dice that I roll once in a while just to see if I guessed right.
That's as far as my board gaming goes.
Sounds intense!

------------------
SiaKo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #59
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Tonight, playing something I got from someone for Christmas:

Code:

------------------

Old 26-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #60
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

That is a superb game ! Big fan

I will hopefully get to play bang the dice game on the 31st ... And we've been playin a lot of star realms with the gf !

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Chozo Tull
Roo Stercogburn (26-12-2014)