Zoom Q4 Test Footage with Bass Station II
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #1
D_Davis
IDMf Artist
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts
Zoom Q4 Test Footage with Bass Station II

So I know that some of us are into making videos, and I thought I'd post a quick test of the new Zoom Q4. I simply wanted to see how the Zoom's audio input would work with some harsh and random noise from the BSII. The audio is run straight out of the BSII into the Zoom's audio in. No post processing or mixing or anything.

I think with a little practice, this little camera will be great for making in the studio videos.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1544877
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,364 Posts
Re: Zoom Q4 Test Footage with Bass Station II

great sound, lets get you a boomstand mic mount for that guy!

over the shoulder and stationary would be awesome.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:38 AM   #3
D_Davis
IDMf Artist
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle

I've got one. Just don't have it set up yet. I literally pulled the zoom out of the box and went for it.

------------------
Old 12-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10534601

Yes looks and sounds good, the camera stayed in focus whilst you were moving about the one I've got at the moment would have blurred from time to time whilst moving around.

Very promising indeed

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
D_Davis
IDMf Artist
Seattle

Yeah - it works pretty well, especially for the price. Still trying to find the sweet spot for direct-audio in.

Hopefully I'll have something a little more robust to film in the near future.

I've been plagued with this epic writers block right now, and I'm completely stuck in a rut. Just trying to weather the storm until I can find something worth recording again.

------------------
Old 12-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10534601

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
Yeah - it works pretty well, especially for the price. Still trying to find the sweet spot for direct-audio in.
I assume this means your trying to find the best volume/gain setting to send into the line input?

I was thinking/planning if i get one was to send my Mackie Big Knob headphones out into cameras input?

Advertisements

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote