Which BoC album as my first to listen to? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 17-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #21
blvedream
Soundwave Mangler
blvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to all
Texas
MC Status: 560
Re: Which BoC album as my first to listen to?

Music Has the Right To Children is a classic and what most people would recommend. Call me crazy though but I like Tomorrow's Harvest the best probably.

Advertisements

blvedream is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 01:58 AM   #22
Mystic_Guardian
Regular Freak
Mystic_Guardian will become famous soon enoughMystic_Guardian will become famous soon enough
Dunedunite Cave
MC Status: 110
Icon14 Re: Which BoC album as my first to listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1986 View Post
Trans Canada Highway: " Dayvan highway" is very interesting song. Good for those days when analog is all you want. Ironically, I have listened to this album many times driving on the Trans Canada Highway.
Gotta agree with this. I started with this short and sweet EP which encouraged me to sit through some of the longer albums. I would recommend probably not starting with 'Tomorrow's havest' though, that one is nice if you're in the mood, but not very typical of BoC. Also make sure you check out 'Roygbiv' early on.
Mystic_Guardian is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Clark - Clarence Park
Old 25-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #23
SampleScienc
Knob Twiddler
SampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
MC Status: 3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Guardian View Post
Gotta agree with this. I started with this short and sweet EP which encouraged me to sit through some of the longer albums. I would recommend probably not starting with 'Tomorrow's havest' though, that one is nice if you're in the mood, but not very typical of BoC. Also make sure you check out 'Roygbiv' early on.
Trans Canada Highway is just excellent. The best to start and the you can go with Music Has The Right To Children, because this is the album that started it all.

------------------
SampleScienc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #24
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland
MC Status: 7760

Music has the right to Children

fo sho

------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE AIN'T DAD!
Grimbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #25
Straylight
IDMf Supporter
Straylight will become famous soon enoughStraylight will become famous soon enough
North Las Vegas, USA

It's hard to give a recommend to strangers because you never really know what their background is as far as what they appeal to already.

Music Has The Right To Children is my personal favorite though.
Straylight is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 05:38 AM   #26
Mystic_Guardian
Regular Freak
Mystic_Guardian will become famous soon enoughMystic_Guardian will become famous soon enough
Dunedunite Cave
Icon7 Re: Which BoC album as my first to listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
recommendations on the best place to get it from? I kind of hate Amazon and iTunes.
I don't think anyone noticed this. Ahaha. I wouldn't know where to buy the old stuff, I get most of mine physically from JB-Hifi.
Mystic_Guardian is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: In Depth Melodics
Thanks to Mystic_Guardian
relic (14-02-2016)
Old 18-01-2016, 06:16 PM   #27
Thetagram
Minor Glitch
Thetagram is a jewel in the roughThetagram is a jewel in the roughThetagram is a jewel in the rough
London
MC Status: 260

Music Has the right to Children is still the best to my ears.
Thetagram is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 03:11 AM   #28
foob
IDMf's latest spammer
foob is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I would go sequentially, personally. Start with Twoism, move on to Hi Scores, etc. MHTRTC is still my fav, too.
foob is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #29
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5810

Every time I see the title of this thread I think Blue Oyster Cult.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 08:20 PM   #30
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8584080
Thanked 7,863 Times in 5,531 Posts

I need a new BoC album...I rinsed MHTRTC and Geo-whatever a while back when I made this thread...getting paid friday...

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #31
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89281723
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,213 Posts

^Twoism, Boc Maxima.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sencesor
relic (28-01-2016)
Old 29-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #32
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 37960

Twoism indeed!

it's the rawest, but I think it's my fav
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #33
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 37960

I take that back.. it's really difficult for me to rank BoC albums. With the exception of the most recent ones, I'm really big on all of them and they all have their own vibe.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
Sencesor (29-01-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #34
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

I have to try again. The sheer scope of their albums always kinda put me off them.

Might give a spin to Music ... in a few days. Trying to get more into ambient-style idm.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:37 AM   #35
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 12910

Personally I think you'd do better to steer away from BoC and their criminally boring percussion programming altogether. Try listening to Christ., it sounds like BoC with the retro pads but with a interesting use of percussion instead of the same tired old trip hop drum loops over and over and over

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:07 PM   #36
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

When you say listening to Christ, do you have an album in mind, or is this proselytism ?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #37
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 12910

As an atheist I can only recommend the album 'distance lends enchantment to the view'. When it comes to deities I prefer that kind that appear in toast. So I'd probably recommend Elvis over Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo Tull View Post
When you say listening to Christ, do you have an album in mind, or is this proselytism ?

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #38
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Guardian View Post
I don't think anyone noticed this. Ahaha. I wouldn't know where to buy the old stuff, I get most of mine physically from JB-Hifi.
There is some place called Bleep that has there music digitally.

I like BoC though the drums are pretty straightforward. I will google this other "Christ" thing...just to see if it is a joke or not lol

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 14-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #39
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

So that christ. album is fairly intriguing on first listen. I don't find it inheriently better than BoC. But it is a great pick.

If you BoC fans don't mind something with less beats Lovekrafty has a couple really breathtaking albums. Check him out. He has also being really forthright about his process in several threads on Gearslutz, which I found interesting.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 16-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #40
SampleScienc
Knob Twiddler
SampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
MC Status: 3110

For me it has to be Geogaddi. I never really liked Music has the right to children that much except a few tracks here and there (that are available on other mini albums and ep). Geogaddi is solid through and through though.

Advertisements

------------------
SampleScienc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote