Simon Cowell's a cunt, and not a mad one either. Just a cunt.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Closed Thread
Old 25-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299527
Simon Cowell's a cunt, and not a mad one either. Just a cunt.

Seriously?

Simon Cowell set to launch new TV talent show to 'find the world's greatest DJs'

Quote:
The X Factor mogul Simon Cowell has announced that he will be launching a new TV talent show which aims "to find the world's greatest DJ's".

The show, which does not yet have a title, will operate in a similar manner to the X Factor, with DJs battling it out to secure fame and fortune, reports Music Week.

Speaking about the project, Cowell described DJs as "the new rock stars" and said that the show will capture the rise of "DJ phenomena". The show has been in development for over a year.

The show will be co-produced by Cowell's company SyCo and production group Overbrook, which is owned by actor Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith.

Simon Cowell said of the show: "We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people. As soon as I met Jada and Miguel from Overbrook, I knew they would be our ideal partners. DJs are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show."

Jada Pinkett Smith said: "This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent. I am happy to be creating it alongside Simon Cowell, the Sony team, and my partner Miguel Melendez, on behalf of the Overbrook family."

It is still unknown which UK and US TV networks will broadcast the show, with more details expected to be confirmed shortly.
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/61640

Now everyone can become a DJ.......

Last edited by Divercity; 25-01-2012 at 09:11 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts
Re: Are you kidding me Simon Cowell?

isn't that basically the DMC world dj championships?
Kaede is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
datacoresound
Sample Destroyer
datacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MC
northern hemisphere
MC Status: 4718018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7 View Post
How's that?
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
datacoresound is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Divercity
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7 View Post
How's that?

Go on the show.. Even if you don't do well you will be getting your name on international television. To me it is butchering the fact that DJing is not about being famous or the lifestyle but bringing music to the population.

The great DJ's grow up spinning in their hometown and moving that area forward in the music world. Not by showing up on a stage and playing a role.

Edit: This caters to the majority & not the minority, and the majority of people who watch shows like this only lissen to pop. (did i mention that the majority would be from america). So it will be less about the music and more of a fight.

So in short: It will be less about the music and bringing an experience to people and more about beating everyone else and fitting the "image"

Man I hate it when I think of what to say after I submit the post...

Last edited by Divercity; 25-01-2012 at 09:40 PM..

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Old 25-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45967498
Thanked 1,233 Times in 947 Posts

so it's gonna be just like spamcloud but in meatspace

yay I popped a happiness boner

Code:

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
PLaGuE CeLL
PLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MCPLaGuE CeLL is a savage MC
MC Status: 9698294

This is real bad news, we shouldn't be encouraging DJ worship, they didn't make the fucking tunes!

Code:
TL;DR: Fuck DJ worship.

------------------
PLaGuE CeLL is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45967498
Thanked 1,233 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaGuE CeLL View Post
This is real bad news, we shouldn't be encouraging DJ worship, they didn't make the fucking tunes!

Code:
TL;DR: Fuck DJ worship.
/end.

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Divercity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
/end.
That was an awesome post of his. Reps deserved for PLaGuE

------------------
Old 25-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
1nfinitezer0
Knob Twiddler
1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC1nfinitezer0 is a savage MC
montreal
MC Status: 1597449

plague cell wins the thread.

except, any djs that get anywhere on this idea of a mainstream show will play fashionable yet vapid pop remixes. jeff mills could play it in a mask, and he wouldn't come close to winning.

*sigh*

------------------
1nfinitezer0 is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283334
Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,760 Posts

DJ's were the new rock stars in the late 90's

tiesto anyone??

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks
Old 25-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

mischjok is offline   Thanks
Old 26-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378867

How long will each DJ have to play for their talent to be considered? I mean a singer can sing a few lines and you know they can sing. Unless the DJ is doing lots of quick, creative scratching and tweaking, he's just playing tracks. And the success of that has to be determined by a set.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks
Old 26-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
awol9000
Microknight
awol9000 will become famous soon enoughawol9000 will become famous soon enough
Burnaby
MC Status: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
How long will each DJ have to play for their talent to be considered? I mean a singer can sing a few lines and you know they can sing. Unless the DJ is doing lots of quick, creative scratching and tweaking, he's just playing tracks. And the success of that has to be determined by a set.
Oh no, you (me/everybody) are mistaken. I'm sure they will tell us what makes a good DJ and then base it on that (not actual DJ skills). America in return will flock to the clubs expecting the new standard.

Sad.

Last edited by awol9000; 26-01-2012 at 08:02 AM..

------------------
awol9000 is offline   Thanks
Old 26-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
Divercity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post

I swear they will probably base it on who has the latest Pitbull & Chris Brown

------------------
Old 26-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

Perhaps they will get celebrity DJ judges.

You know, like Skrillex and Deadmau5.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 26-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
essenthy
essenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MC
Tokyo-3
MC Status: 19518492

i guess the maya already knew about it

------------------
essenthy is offline   Thanks
Old 26-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

Deadmau5 will be flattered.
mischjok is offline   Thanks
Old 30-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
Simon Cowell label to launch new DJ search, Ultimate DJ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27203265

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks
Old 30-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #19
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043891
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: Simon Cowell label to launch new DJ search, Ultimate DJ

There already is one and it's based on skill not decided on public votes.

http://www.dmcdjchamps.com/
lolirl is offline   Thanks
Old 30-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
Re: Simon Cowell label to launch new DJ search, Ultimate DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
There already is one and it's based on skill not decided on public votes.

http://www.dmcdjchamps.com/
Yes well. That kind of thing is cool but a DJ version of "XXX got Talent (not)" and all the other boring, crappy, hyped up reality TV shows really isn't something the world needs...

I'm sure they'll pick someone that will be more interesting than the currently hyped up top "EDM" DJs.... lol

Sorry I'm feeling a bit cynical and have some slight articulation problems today

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread