[House] Like a song (half way finished!!)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260
[House] Like a song (half way finished!!)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Morning ladies and gents

Here’s the start of my latest efforts that may be on my forthcoming EP – after the main breakdown and drop it pretty much loops btw. Looking for feedback on mix, structure and vibe – does this feel dancefloor or more lounge music?

Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] Like a song (half way finished!!).
Old 16-09-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [House] Like a song (half way finished!!)

Nice, crisp drum sound. I think however, it is a little too prominent in the mix. Vocal fade is a little too slow; distracting to have indescipherable lyrics for as long as it happens here, maybe fade them in 2/3 as fast as you do now? This feels like more of a dance song to me, reminds me a bit of Earth Wind and Fire crossed with mario kart. I think if you doubled the part you have on your main synth with something with a slightly longer decay and put it through a harmonic exciter it would build a bit stronger. Breakdown that starts at 4:00 is very effective, and bass at drop at 5:23 is great. You should turn up that bass line even more! Excited to hear the end result, thanks for sharing.

------------------
floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield

Thanks for the indepth feedback much appreciated – I’m intrigued with what you mean by vocal fade where are you referring to it being too slow and indecipherable?

*EDIT* sorry just go it - you mean the filter up in the intro - yes I agree they should be decipherable quicker! Also which main synth are you referring to - there is a rhodes and piano for the main melody but then another synth kicks in at 2.42?

Last edited by thin king; 16-09-2016 at 11:03 AM..

------------------
Old 17-09-2016, 05:16 AM   #4
michaelgoloSVA
Regular Freak
michaelgoloSVA is currently spamming hard
Vancouver
MC Status: 10

Snares and claps are too loud in the beginning, also 9 mins is really pushing it man, but hey, Great job overall!
michaelgoloSVA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 08:15 AM   #5
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
which main synth are you referring to - there is a rhodes and piano for the main melody but then another synth kicks in at 2.42?
The rhodes ( I believe; I'm referring to whatever is responsible for creating the block chords that become clearly heard around 50 seconds into the piece)

And yeah, you got it; by vocal fade I just mean how quickly the sampled vocals fade into the piece

------------------
floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 08:43 AM   #6
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

Thanks for the feedback people - its only 9 mins as I pretty much duplicated the first half after the main breakdown as its a WIP - obviously this will be chopped down considerably.

Advertisements

------------------