July game making month! (Other contributions required) - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 18-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #101
RaidenBeats
Not Alive; But Not Dead
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 42410
Re: July game making month! (Other contributions required)

im going to work on mine this sunday but im going to need some motivation lol

Advertisements

------------------
Check out my youtube:

RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #102
Leelius
Radial Developer
Leelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4460

Im a bit late on my schedule. Fortunately I don't have much left to program. Once i have figured out the last important functions I can focus on designing the level. I hope you guys find the time and motivation. This thread has definitely made me try to keep up with a deadline.

------------------
Leelius is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #103
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269485358
Thanked 3,235 Times in 2,127 Posts

I'm working on the leaderboard, unfortunately the only way to implement a global online Leaderboard involves putting the game on Newsgrounds or Kongregate, what should I do? Cave in or scrap the leaderboard?

EDIT:
Fuck it, to use their leaderboard you need to A- upload the game on their site and B-log in to upload your score.

I'll look into a local offline leaderboard, or scrap it.

Also, due to contract reasons I can't really share this game too much, so I won't upload it to a gaming website

Last edited by Automageddon; 19-07-2014 at 11:39 AM..

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #104
Leelius
Radial Developer
Leelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond repute

Third week update:

-Made the enemy stop when attacking the player
-Added some more experimental enemies, that served as part of the scripted intro.
-I added a door that has to be shot broken in order to continue, hehe.
-At last, falling to limbo is now lethal.
-There is now a scripted dialogue, that triggers when the game starts.
-There is a health bar and a special power charge bar. The special power still does nothing. I am not sure if I will get that covered during this month.
-I added a main menu along with a music and tentative game over screen.

Things to do:

- Multiple game over screens with different player deaths, depending on what killed the player.
- Few more enemies and objects, finish the last lacking animations to the current ones.
- Make that damn level 1 so there would finally be some more actual gameplay. This has taken it's time, because my priority was to finish the programming first. 90% of the game code is pretty much finished, so this should become this week's priority.
-I should compose more music than just the main menu one. For example something that plays during the level. And something dramatic for deathscreens.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Thanks to Leelius
Automageddon (20-07-2014)
Old 20-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #105
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.

That's great, loved it!
I don't have that much progress to show, mostly fine tuning, update to follow...

------------------
Old 20-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #106
Leelius
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
That's great, loved it!
I don't have that much progress to show, mostly fine tuning, update to follow...
Thank you so much. I have had the time since i'm not at work this month. I still might have taken a too big of a bite to finish this in a month. I lack something important your game has, though. You have exciting gameplay that generates endlessly as it gets harder.

I am still trying to come up with something challenging and fun to add to my game. At the very least I'll make a level with a lot of shooting and jumping.

------------------
Old 20-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #107
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelius View Post
I lack something important your game has, though. You have exciting gameplay that generates endlessly as it gets harder.
That is because we went for different genres, I went for a simplified arcade shooter, with only a level and simple graphics, you went for more of an action-platformer feel.

In the long run yours has many more options to develop.

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
Leelius (20-07-2014)
Old 20-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #108
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

Noobs Attack update 3.
Odd week, most of the things I tried got discarded: I tried a new control system and Newsgrounds leaderboard, but didn't really work and Lolirl is still a pain in the ass to fix...

I still want a leaderboard though...

- Banhammer added, once you score 1000 points you can use it once only to clear the screen, save it for later.
- Banhammer effect to be improved though...
- Leaderboard still missing;
- Lolirl laser still needs fixing;
- A bit more polishing needed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 20-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #109
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11410

I just get a Flash Player window with a black screen when trying to open it.

EDIT: installed newest version of Flash same problem

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #110
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

Bollocks, I tried on my wife's pc and same problem...

I'll have to look into this...

------------------
Old 21-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #111
s'liM
Granular Poster
s'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MCs'liM is a savage MC
MC Status: 8389235

Noobs attack v2 works fine in Safari on OSX Mavericks

Last edited by s'liM; 27-07-2014 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: (I mean v2.)
s'liM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #112
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

It works on Chrome in Windows on my office laptop, I'm totally clueless...

------------------
Old 21-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #113
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11410

Ah OK, I tried opening it again in IE rather than standalone and worked fine.

Funny stuff! Love the soundeffects xD

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to purplefish
Automageddon (26-07-2014)
Old 26-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #114
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

I had an awful week at work, but today I finally managed to fix @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, his laser now works in a predictable way! Now need local leaderboard and polishing!

As usual, latest version at the link above...

------------------
Old 26-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #115
Leelius
Radial Developer

Still can't beat my personal score of 8800. I kept trying both players to see if I can do better on either one. Good work on the fix, Automageddon.

I have some enemy attack fixings to do. And I need to figure out some mechanics for the last boss of the current level, that could work. That is the least I try to get done for tomorrow.

I also have a very awkward bug with the tentative deathscreen. If there is a sound playing during death, that sound will loop continuously all the way to restarting the game unless you refresh the page.

I strongly wish to continue patching the game after this month is over. I feel like I have plenty of things I want to try to program.

------------------
Old 27-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #116
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

I need someone to shout Banhammer and record it, any taker?

------------------
Old 27-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #117
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

I'll update tomorrow, I'm pissed.

------------------
Old 27-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #118
scyn
IDMf Artist
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/»»»»»\/\
MC Status: 389883006
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I need someone to shout Banhammer and record it, any taker?
I can do some recordings tomorrow if you still need them.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
Automageddon (27-07-2014)
Old 27-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #119
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
I can do some recordings tomorrow if you still need them.
I do!

------------------
Old 28-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #120
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

Latest update:
Finally Lolirl works as intended. I had to change the way his laser looked, but functionality was more important.
Banhammer has been implemented, it becomes available at 1000 and 5000 points.
Balancing done, both players feel different but seem to score similar results.

To do:
- Top score
- Add sound to banhammer and polish it.

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon