Scan The Skies [Downtempo IDM]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10379217
Scan The Skies [Downtempo IDM]

After a while after deleting everything I had been working on and stayed away for a bit somewhat, I made this. Couple more things started again. Downtempo and dark. Droning and emotional I hope.

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - Scan The Skies [Downtempo IDM].
Old 05-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217160
Thanked 4,343 Times in 3,221 Posts
Re: Scan The Skies [Downtempo IDM]

Nice track, dude..really liked it much.

Just one thing, though..to my ears there seems to be a bit of sibilance there.. a harsh "tinniness" in the treble in general. Like i said, it might just be my ears..or you might have planned it as part of the over-all sound..but if it's not supposed to be there, then you might want to go back and take a look at it.

Other than that, a great track that was a joy to listen to.

Thanks for sharing, man.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base

Thanks for listening. If you mean the distorted noise that mixes in with the first synth, it was part of it in FM8. I can see how might not sound right. I feel I left the whole middle a bit empty. Or just too long. Got lost in it some with headphones.

------------------
Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217160
Thanked 4,343 Times in 3,221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
Thanks for listening. If you mean the distorted noise that mixes in with the first synth, it was part of it in FM8. I can see how might not sound right. I feel I left the whole middle a bit empty. Or just too long. Got lost in it some with headphones.

Well, if it's meant to be there, then it's meant to be there, ain't it!

As for the middle part..didn't get that vibe from it at all..worked well for me..just that apparent sibilance thing for me was all that struck me when I listened to it.

Like I said, I thought it was a great track that was a joy to listen to.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
Wibbs
Granular Poster
Wibbs is currently spamming hard
London
MC Status: 10

A nice overall track with a real brooding mood. However, I felt the section from 2.16 to 2.50 lacked something (don't ask me what though...). The build up from 3.20 is excellent.
Wibbs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
frankie5fingers
Sample Destroyer
frankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond reputefrankie5fingers has a reputation beyond repute
Ohio
MC Status: 3410

very cool track. love the mood. those buzzy wubs you got going on, i think they should be deeper. you dont have much going on in the low end and i think it would fit nicely. cause as of right now they get covered up by those drums. thats actually the only real problem with this, you have a lot of sounds competing for the same range. just work a bit on the eq.

------------------
frankie5fingers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
MellowChange
IDMf's latest spammer
MellowChange is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

The drone-approach and the decision to stay in one part seemed a bit monotonic but gave a visual sense to the track. Like the new BOC, very hopeless visual documentary-like mood. In the piano-like chord progression in early midpart I would like to hear a 3rd chord as a release or bridge, I guess it is possible to have a drone-approach with some more compositional ideas. I liked the sound, the sibilance/hiss is ok. So soundwise I think this is good, but would like to hear some more compositional ideas
MellowChange is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Fan noise
Old 09-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #8
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

awesome, as per usual. love your work. great bassline. driving

you definitely have gotten a sound, i think or rather...i've listened
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #9
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299527

This is sick man!! Loving the dark and distorted textures and the drums are crisp and sharp.

Great use of your lead synths and layering a vocal pad ontop. Everything fits together really well!

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
DeceasedTech
Minor Glitch
DeceasedTech has a spectacular aura aboutDeceasedTech has a spectacular aura aboutDeceasedTech has a spectacular aura about
Arizona
MC Status: 210

Great Stuff!
DeceasedTech is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #11
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

Thanks guys. I want to work on it some more. Cut the time a bit and add something in the middle. Work on anything clashing. Make some of the transitions work better.

Advertisements

------------------