[Electronic] Marquis De Morning - An Heir From Exile (taken from an album)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #1
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5161
[Electronic] Marquis De Morning - An Heir From Exile (taken from an album)

Aye lads!

I haven't shared anything here and I'm registered since like 2011 so this is a crucial moment for me. I've been inactive as a hobbyist-amateur-musician for some time now, last thing I put on the web was in 2014. Now I'm coming back with a 35-track album and I wanted to show you one of the more electronic beats of the compilation.

The whole idea of the album is a day shown from a perspective of the real me, and the alias seen in the topic title - a Marquis from the XVIIIc. I'm trying to bite that 1700s with some instrumental hip-hop beats and tackle it with a pc-casette-pc scheme to form what I call - Folktronica (although I don't give a damn about genres).

This is one of the two tracks I made public before the "grand release" eagerly anticipated by like 2-3 people so I'm just wanting to encourage, yet not adveritse that when you listen to the track streamed here, go to the next track of the "set" ("Manor Rano") and witness the other side of the album with a more organic feel.

Advertisements

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] Marquis De Morning - An Heir From Exile (taken from an album).
Old 10-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
wipeout
Soundscaper
wipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MC
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 2023947
Re: [Electronic] Marquis De Morning - An Heir From Exile (taken from an album)

Well I like the less-organic stuff and this was a nice surprise! I like the stabs and flow. I don't listen to much lower tempo stuff but I like to poke around on here and hear new things. Great sounds imo.

------------------
wipeout is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522604

heir from exile -
Fun use of wobbles, and a pretty arp! =) hh are a little to in the front for me, as well as the arp, but that's a matter of taste. The arp would also be nice to hear chopped up, flipped around here and there,reversed, gated, stretched out. Just whatever to give it a little more variety.

manor rano-
really wish we could hear some guitar string noise in there! So pretty!

When the 1st verse/drop comes in I really wish the guitar was hard panned, and the sounds acting as the sd, and op hh got pulled back a little in the mix.

Your bridges are killer, and the rest work so well! =) Natural washout from the guitar chords falls like watching cotton floating in the wind.

The arp run that gets played during the bridge 2:48, feels like it gets dominated placed in the center. Was that the intention?

Love the stereo field placement of drum hits in the conclusion/outro!

There's a synth/vocoder type thing at about 2:58 that is super faint. Love the touch, but feel it is so far back in the mix that it total gets missed, and becomes a throw away.

Really enjoyed Rano, and played it a few times! I listened to Exile twice as I found it less appealing and forgettable.

Thanks for sharing
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #4
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5161

Thank you so much guys.

This is basically finished but I will take notes for further projects. I know the mixing isn't absolutely top-notch, I try to go with my ears rather than rules.

Yes, the arpeggio at 2:48 was placed that way as I felt like its evoking that "oh, even there's even a sound appearing only two times in a span of two seconds". Kind of wanted this little detail to be there. Maybe it's too upfront but didn't want it to be lost completely, wanted a little stand-out.

The thing at 2:58 is a part of the whole layer, I used some filtering there to expose this thing but I can't remember the process now The tracks were made in long breaks one after another and a couple things escaped my mind already.

Advertisements

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote