[House] Thin King - WIP - Brassic
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260
[House] Thin King - WIP - Brassic

A track I'm about half way through at the mo - just want some feedback on the mix - mainly is the bass hitting hard enough at the drop?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] Thin King - WIP - Brassic.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:51 AM   #2
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760
Re: [House] Thin King - WIP - Brassic

Generally, the vibe is nice and I like the bass - I don't have any comments on production. Probably just need work on the structure and placing vocal samples.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #3
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield

Thanks for the listen and feedback - yes I plan to get a decent structure down by the end of the week and then add all the ear candy/breakdown after that - just wanted to get an idea of opinion before I wasted time - so thanks again!

------------------
Old 06-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5161

Nah, I'd say the vocals are placed right. Ain't got nothing on the production. Would put this in the car along with some other bassy, heavier house tracks too if only I had a compilation of some sorts. Quality track.

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:38 PM   #5
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Mix is pretty good, is a fat tune when it drops!

Yeah reckon some of the vocal snippets need tightening up but otherwise a solid start!

------------------
Luke_Nukem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #6
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

Been looking for a spare moment to listen to this track. Now I had a chance. Good, quality stuff indeed with very classical House elements. In my opinion the bass is hitting hard, but overall everything is really wide on EQ. Like, it feels like the kick and bass are so hard it goes through the spectrum. It sounded like real House, though, so it might be just personal preference, since I like stuff a bit more snappy =)
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #7
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

thanks for all the feedback people much appreciated and some good advice to help me finish!

Not sure what you mean Phreegi by going through the spectrum - can you expand?

------------------
Old 08-03-2018, 08:56 PM   #8
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
thanks for all the feedback people much appreciated and some good advice to help me finish!

Not sure what you mean Phreegi by going through the spectrum - can you expand?
What i meant is the hihats for example. They Are wide, a lot of mids and high frequencies. I know this is characteristic to this type oh House, the same goes for the rest of the elements. Again, most probably personal preference.

Hope that clears it

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Advertisements

pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote