[IDM, Acid] Vibe - Collapsing
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #1
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[IDM, Acid] Vibe Origin - Collapsing

Last edited by Vibe Origin; 04-03-2018 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Fixed Title

Advertisements

Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM, Acid] Vibe - Collapsing.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #2
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 31960
Re: [IDM, Acid]

Cool! Good to hear a little harmonic variation for a change. Really like those poly sounds.

Here are my critiques. The sections of the song don’t seem to have theirs own identities, which to me is a huge part of what makes a song memorable. They all kind of each together. There’s not really a sense of drama here. Maybe try to think of ways to make each part have some qualities that set it apart from others.. is this section loud, quiet, sparse, dense, bright, dark etc...

Also, I’m really not a fan of this splatty dub steppe drums that everybody seems to be using nowadays. They are so flat sounding, which is compounded by the fact that there’s no velocity variation here, and they are pretty much playing the same thing through the whole track.

Also, I think this track could benefit from some reverb and delay. Something to give it a sense of Space. I like the direction you are going in. Keep it up.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
Re: [IDM, Acid] Vibe - Collapsing

Thanks for your opinion and taking time to listen. Cheers!
Old 06-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Love the vibes, big fan of the synth melodies especially at the start.

I would kind of concur with mnkvolcno that the sections could do with telling their own stories, they all bleed together at the moment which is a shame because there are parts which deserve to stand out a little more but they don't because there hasn't been a significant enough breath to let them stand up.

I love the vibes of this though and will certainly be checking out your other music!

------------------
Luke_Nukem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #5
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker

Thanks for having a listen and opinion.

Advertisements