Mini Moog Voyager Limited
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 20-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #1
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460
Mini Moog Voyager Limited

Hey guys,

So it turns out my neighbour is sitting with a Minimoog Voyager limited a edition, signed by Brian Eno, Moby and quite a few others. Fristly, has anyone had experience with this synth and secondly, what could one offer for something like this. He wants to sell it.

Thanks

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 64310
Thanked 1,286 Times in 949 Posts
Re: Mini Moog Voyager Limited

Are you into Moog sound?
Fancy owning a $4000 monophonic synth?
Mighty fine synth for those that know how to play keys and like to rock it old school.
I know that we have one or two chaps here that have one.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
tristcarmichael (20-02-2018)
Old 20-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 31960

If it’s signed by all those folks he’d be a fool to part with it for any reasonable sum. I don’t know much about that kind of thing, but I would guess it would cost more than 4K USD

It’s a cool synth. They had one where I went to college. It’s not my personal favorite. Prone to sounding big and goofy, but that’s just my personal preference. You could get like 5 great synths for the price of that thing unless your neighbor is crazy or something.

I guess it depends on what you’re into, but for me the old korgs, Roland, and yamah are more my bag. Or you could get a new prophet 6 or 08 rev2, If you’re into poly’s.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a terrific synths. Lots of modulation options and velocity control.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
tristcarmichael (20-02-2018)
Old 20-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

Yeah I figured they were pretty expensive. I was tempted to get it but truthfully I can't justify spending that amount of cash on a monophonic pony. Even if its signed by the great Brian

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to tristcarmichael
mnkvolcno (20-02-2018)